hello

i have read the thread about how to browser, mms, etc for us carriers (AT&T, Tmobile), but if I bring my phone overseas and want to use the storm for full feature (browser, mms, BBM, etc), how am I going to do it?

Any tips/trick?

Thanks.
    10-28-09 02:06 AM
    believe the easiest way is to have that country prepaid BIS. Will save the roaming charge also.

..just my 2 cents.
    10-28-09 05:04 AM
    yeah, but my point is that for storm to be used in att and tmobile here, there are many steps need to be done to make it happen.

i want to know if this is such the case for using with ANY providers worldwide... if so, that's a big hassle
    10-28-09 01:16 PM
    yes this is the case for any providers worldwide. different carriers= different service books.
    10-28-09 02:10 PM
    damn, if so, then how do I get the service books for the carriers i want to use?

thanks.
    10-28-09 02:18 PM
    gotta search online. for whatever carrier you want. but usually if you are using a bis or bes account with blackberry with that carrier. just register under host routing table. and the service books should be sent to you. If not you might have to have them send it to you, when you call customer care. I know its a hassle.
    10-29-09 11:34 AM
    here is what you will need to do. read this carefully and then perform the changes ... feel free to PM me if you have any issues.

once you get the other SIM from country you should be able to push the service books
    10-29-09 04:30 PM
    Yeah after you get the sim card from the overseas carrier with the bis plan you should be able to get those service books needed pushe dout to your device.
    10-29-09 05:36 PM
    but how come it doesn't work on AT&T and T-Mobile and we have to perform this special steps? So if I take my phone to Asia and pop in a SIM Card with active BB service, then my storm will automatically download the service book and replace my AT&T service book, and everything will work without any steps?

Then when I come back to USA, I would need to re-do the steps for my phone to work with AT&T?

Thanks.
    10-31-09 01:35 PM
    you would have to request them (service books)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-31-09 01:42 PM
    you would have to request them (service books)

Sometimes not always. You can always request directly from your handset as well.
    10-31-09 02:27 PM
    True. But depending on ur OS. Correct?

10-31-09 02:30 PM
    The Tour & Storm are the unique ones. But I've never used one long enough to try that theory out.
    10-31-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD