Does anyone know whether Tmobile allows you to bring you own Blackberry and just buy a monthly plan from them without getting a phone? (I'm going to the states for school so I'll be there on a long term basis) If yes, can a Blackberry bought in Taiwan be used with Tmobile?

Thanks in advance.
    08-08-10 11:34 PM
    Does anyone know whether Tmobile allows you to bring you own Blackberry and just buy a monthly plan from them without getting a phone? (I'm going to the states for school so I'll be there on a long term basis) If yes, can a Blackberry bought in Taiwan be used with Tmobile?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes absolutely. You can go to any T-Mobile store and sign up for a line and they will give you a SIM card which you can insert in your Blackberry. Keep in mind that your Blackberry needs to be unlocked in order for it to work
    08-09-10 02:37 PM
    Exactly as Cellunlock said. You can also choose to use your berry on AT&T, which is the other GSM provider in the US
    08-09-10 10:00 PM

Thanks in advance.
    Yeah they love it
    08-10-10 12:12 AM
    Thanks for the replies! I've a few more questions.

I can't find the data plan for T-mobile on its website. Or does the 'Individual Talk + Text + Web' plan already include the data portion. If it is, and I get this plan, will it allow me to send BBMs when I'm back in Taiwan (i.e. overseas). How will the rates be like? Or is it considered under the 'Unlimited Web Access'.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by leech060191; 08-10-10 at 05:45 AM.
    08-10-10 03:22 AM

I can't find the data plan for T-mobile on its website. Or does the 'Individual Talk + Text + Web' plan already include the data portion. If it is, and I get this plan, will it allow me to send BBMs when I'm back in Taiwan (i.e. overseas). How will the rates be like? Or is it considered under the 'Unlimited Web Access'.

Thanks again!
    Yes that's the plan you need. You can also add the International Roaming options for when you are back in Taiwan.
    08-10-10 02:34 PM
    Make sure you get a Blackberry specific plan or else BBM isn't going to work. A generic unlimited data plan won't do the trick.
    08-11-10 10:13 AM

Thanks again!
    When you are back in Taiwan, you would be better off getting a prepaid BIS plan with a local provider there. It would be cheaper than international data from T-Mobile. You might want to check the T-Mobile forums, and you should contact T-Mobile. I recall seeing that the international data plan from T-Mobile only covers email, not BBM or web browsing. I am not a T-Mobile customer, though, so you will need to contact them to find out definitely what international data does cover.
    08-11-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD