I used unique phones after checking them out on crackberry as well as generally looking around their site. i should have asked around here.

i used the service and got two codes immediately (73160296 or 4146247709959394) however neither of them worked. I emailed them about it and got responses in a few hours (which they have been good about)

however i was shocked when they told me that it was my fault as i chose the wrong network (Tmobile) that my phone is locked to Vodafone Germany and that they couldn't refund me as they had already paid for the code. i never even asked them for a refund, i just wanted a working code and i thought they would be able to work it out for me as they guaranteed their codes etc etc.

Now, i am attaching pictures of the phone here sitting next to my battered curve.

direct link is here in case the image does not show up

It clearly shows TMobile on the bezel as well as on the splash screen. Additionally the vendor id is 123 which i googled to reveal is TMobile UK. I also emailed Horizon Wireless where j.shmie confirmed within minutes that its TMobile UK (i can attach the pdf of the email if required)

i got in touch with their live person helper where i got Lyle. He insisted that he had already answered this ticket and that i was wrong and that their info was correct and came from RIM and that i should just get in touch with them myself. I have and i am waiting to hear back but dont expect much.

What bothers me the most is that i feel like such a fool for allowing them to make me doubt myself and all the proof that was in front of my eyes. they nearly convinced me that i was wrong and that they knew better.

Thanks to crackberry and all the posters at my other thread who helped me see the light.

i feel ripped off and am shocked they would make a mistake like this (either that or they are just lying) but i def learned a lesson.
    Last edited by skinnylizard; 07-14-09 at 10:46 AM. Reason: corrected image tags!
    07-14-09 10:41 AM
    Is your phone still locked? If its locked still run this:

www.unlockmybberry.com/files/BBERRY.zip and email me the log. info@unlockmybberry.com or send me a pm.

or pm me and I'll send you a unlock on the house
    Hopefully people will send some business your way, I know I will. I love seeing this kind of stuff.
    07-14-09 10:47 AM
    wow. thanks carnag!!!! check PM please.

still hope the UP people read this and admit their mistake or atleast convince me if i made one. feels like i gambled and lost !
    07-14-09 10:54 AM
    wow. thanks carnag!!!! check PM please.

still hope the UP people read this and admit their mistake or atleast convince me if i made one. feels like i gambled and lost !
    I would be sure to post in every thread dealing with "who should I use to unlock" that you post who screwed you and who helped you.
    07-14-09 11:00 AM
    I would be sure to post in every thread dealing with "who should I use to unlock" that you post who screwed you and who helped you.
    **** ill put it in my sig and i already offered to put it in my blog (not a big traffic one but i get 800-1200 visitors a month)
    07-14-09 11:01 AM
    Is your phone still locked? If its locked still run this:

www.unlockmybberry.com/files/BBERRY.zip and email me the log. info@unlockmybberry.com or send me a pm.

or pm me and I'll send you a unlock on the house
    Very nice man good stuff. Nice to see things like this. Your the unlock guy from now on
    07-14-09 11:25 AM
    Hi Guys,

i finally got the Bold unlocked, Unique Phones came through for me after i posted the message on this forum.

I would like to thank carnag3 for offering to unlock mine on the house, however i really didnt have the time to run the loggers etc on my phone and fortunately UP figured out the codes without my having to do the same.

Im not impressed with the way the whole thing went but i am glad its over.

thanks for all your help.
    07-16-09 12:48 AM
    Wow glad to see everything worked out in the end.
    07-16-09 12:52 AM
    hey carnag3 have emailed you.
    07-16-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD