03-09-10 06:28 PM
29 12
tools
    This is a call for help to all Storm users who are unlocked on on T-Mobile (preferably using an unlocked Verizon Storm).

I spent ALL DAY trying to figure out why I am ONLY getting "edge" and why I cant get "EDGE". My BIGGEST problem is email and not getting it. I have:

1) Sent my service books 6-8 times with no confirmation message, no nothing. 2) I have registered my Host Routing Table 6 times with no response.
    3) I have spent 3-5 hours on the phone with T-Mobile with no help from them.
    4) Verizon wont assist period.

Here is the ODD thing. Even though I still have "edge" I am still able to visit web sites and download apps. However this doesnt really help me because I REALLY need my email! I have been out for almost 12 hours and need to back. My job relies on it.

I used pltaylors excellent guide and successfully got the browser, t-zones icon, SMS/MMS icon, etc and the guide went without a hitch but none of helps if I cant get it to work fully.

So I am asking you T-Mobile storm users, what steps did you take

When you called T-Mobile and told them you were using a new Blackberry device, what info did you give them?

I have tried calling in and gave T-Mobile the Storms PIN and IMEI. The PIN saves successfully but the IMEI gives me an error saying that the "information you provided is not valid for this service provider"

So I ask what ESN or IMEI did you successfully get T-Mobile to take?

If anyone can help me get this problem fixed and get me running on EDGE so I can access everything properly I will be TREMENDOUSLY GRATEFUL!

pltaylor was VERY kind enough to call me and do some troubleshooting but we were unable to get it working.
    12-16-08 10:10 PM
    12-16-08 10:35 PM
    Options > Mobile Network > Network Mode needs to be put at 2g & 3g
    Then resend service books
    12-16-08 11:07 PM
    Have you bothered with reading this? http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...m-95xx-106023/
    Yes I have done this. These EXACT steps but dont have full EDGE. The guide worked like a charm, in fact I did it twice to make sure I didnt miss anything. I still dont have access to EDGE like I should. I cancelled the service with Verizon and called back T-Mobile and still get that error message. I assume once it is taken off of and detached from Verizon's BB side, it is instant.

I did talk to RIM who said they saw the PIN/IMEI/ESN still resgistered with Verizon's side 20 minutes after cancelling.
    12-17-08 04:31 PM
    jason bourne,
    did you get this working?

i have the exact problem. i have everything working like phone calls, sms, mms, tzones browser. i cannot get anything related to BIS to work like email send/recieve, bb messenger, and i cant get EDGE my 9530 only shows edge. i get the exact message when i try to update the imei and pin on tmobiles BIS site. the pin stays in the box but the imei says "information provided is not valid for this service provider"

i spoke with pltaylor, we tried a few things but we both are stumped, here are the results. I spoke with Verizon, T-Mobile and RIM! I verified with all of companies that the esn, imei and pin are all free and clear, not lost or stolen and not still attached to the previous owner’s acct. The storm 9530 works great for phone, mms, sms & tzones browser. But that’s it. Also I only have edge, not EDGE. I have followed this guide " HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx" the only problem I’m having is using the blackberry messenger, sending/receiving emails and not having EDGE displayed. Also I tried registering at T-Mobile’s site. When I try to update the pin and imei of this device I get message saying "information provided is not valid for this service provider" please help
    01-07-09 08:23 PM
    I am not having those issues mine is working fine. I am on os .83 not sure
    If that is related. On manage conn select gsm also did you get the generic service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 08:45 PM
    If that is related. On manage conn select gsm also did you get the generic service books.

01-07-09 08:53 PM
    as i said in my post above yes i followed the guide and that included using the generic tmobile service books. also yes i have enabled the gsm, as i am able to make and recieve calls, text and pic messages. i just have "edge" not EDGE and not able to add device imei to tmobile bis website and register device on the network.
    01-07-09 09:01 PM
    JasonBourne / ekelley1985 Did you solve your problem? If so, how? I'm having the same problem. Please, I really need your help.
    02-04-09 01:43 PM
    Heh. Holy old post. Well sort of. I ended up selling that storm and stuck to my bold. Funny thing is now I am getting a new storm and will reattempt the guide. Hopefully it will work!

02-08-09 04:52 PM
    lmao jason well best of luck with your next storm.. im still having the same problem!! haha
    02-08-09 06:41 PM
    i have 9530 storm i am receving emails but i surf the web i have tmobile no web icon can you help
    02-08-09 07:33 PM
    Hmmm, I cant right now. Still waiting...If I learn something new I will post right away. Most likely though, with my luck, I am going to get the big stiffy again and I will be asking for help AGAIN. Lol.
    02-08-09 08:24 PM
    HI Jason, I'm experiencing exactly the same with my new bold.

have any solution for your problem above yet?

Cheers
    04-20-09 04:56 PM
    Hi,
    I have had multiple times this error, and it happens when my phone (bold and storm) are not detected by my operator network (maybe a roaming situation). How I know I'm not in my network? I have "edge" instead of "EDGE" in the upper right corner of my phone. I simply moved to another location with better reception and I could register the device without any problem. Hope this helps.
    04-27-09 11:58 AM
    i have this problem with not being able to register the imei on tmobile. has anyone resolved this?
    06-12-09 06:42 PM
    guys i having the same issues with the "edge/EDGE" i saw something but i dont know if it is an issue please let me know if this is an issue.
    when i put ##000000 and enter "CDMA Service Edit Screen" when i scroll down i shows SIP USER ID : "MYNUMBER"@VZW3G.COM ALSO MIP USER ID: "MYNUMBER"@VZW3G.COM.
    I dont know if @vzw3g.com is an issue. I am currently using os.148 and I am not getting any browser activity or any other apps. please help!!
    07-13-09 02:14 AM
    It has to do with the upgrade, everything stopped working for me as well, when I upgraded the Software. So I downgraded from 148, back to 75. All worked great for me, full EDGE, ect.
    07-18-09 10:22 PM
    APN Setting Should Read: WAP.VOICESTREAM.COM
    07-18-09 10:24 PM

I CANT DO ANYTHING! LOL. My Storm says EDGE, but I can't surf, talk, txt, etc etc... I bought it from a friend who did a claim report with VZW because he lost it. He found it after his replacement came in. Does anyone think VZW blocked it somehow?
    07-21-09 04:07 AM
    I CANT DO ANYTHING! LOL. My Storm says EDGE, but I can't surf, talk, txt, etc etc... I bought it from a friend who did a claim report with VZW because he lost it. He found it after his replacement came in. Does anyone think VZW blocked it somehow?
    Gee, you think that has anything to do with it?

Its PIN is Blacklisted. It won't work.
    07-21-09 10:20 AM
    lmao jason well best of luck with your next storm.. im still having the same problem!! haha
    Well, before anything, you need to be suscribed to a Blackberry Data Plan thru T-mobile in order to get EDGE on your phone, then you need to follow the steps on Pl Tylor's guide on How to get all the T-mobile features to work in your unlock BB Storm 9530, just quick search the forums to find out. If you are not suscribed to BB Data Plan, you won't get EDGE.
    07-21-09 10:34 AM
    This is a call for help to all Storm users who are unlocked on on T-Mobile (preferably using an unlocked Verizon Storm).

I spent ALL DAY trying to figure out why I am ONLY getting "edge" and why I cant get "EDGE". My BIGGEST problem is email and not getting it. I have:

1) Sent my service books 6-8 times with no confirmation message, no nothing. 2) I have registered my Host Routing Table 6 times with no response.
    3) I have spent 3-5 hours on the phone with T-Mobile with no help from them.
    4) Verizon wont assist period.

Here is the ODD thing. Even though I still have "edge" I am still able to visit web sites and download apps. However this doesnt really help me because I REALLY need my email! I have been out for almost 12 hours and need to back. My job relies on it.

I used pltaylors excellent guide and successfully got the browser, t-zones icon, SMS/MMS icon, etc and the guide went without a hitch but none of helps if I cant get it to work fully.

So I am asking you T-Mobile storm users, what steps did you take

When you called T-Mobile and told them you were using a new Blackberry device, what info did you give them?

I have tried calling in and gave T-Mobile the Storms PIN and IMEI. The PIN saves successfully but the IMEI gives me an error saying that the "information you provided is not valid for this service provider"

So I ask what ESN or IMEI did you successfully get T-Mobile to take?

If anyone can help me get this problem fixed and get me running on EDGE so I can access everything properly I will be TREMENDOUSLY GRATEFUL!

pltaylor was VERY kind enough to call me and do some troubleshooting but we were unable to get it working.
    Please go to Options then click on ADVANCE OPTIONS, then go to HOST ROUTING TABLE click on the BB Menu button then select REGISTER NOW, this will refresh your t-mobile service books, just give it try, this should solve your issue. Make sure you are suscribed to a Blackberry Data Plan thru T-mobile first.
    07-21-09 10:40 AM
    guys i having the same issues with the "edge/EDGE" i saw something but i dont know if it is an issue please let me know if this is an issue.
    when i put ##000000 and enter "CDMA Service Edit Screen" when i scroll down i shows SIP USER ID : "MYNUMBER"@VZW3G.COM ALSO MIP USER ID: "MYNUMBER"@VZW3G.COM.
    I dont know if @vzw3g.com is an issue. I am currently using os.148 and I am not getting any browser activity or any other apps. please help!!
    This is not an issue, because you are not using Verizon CDMA Tech, you are now using T-mobile GSM Tech since you unlocked the phone. You can also change your phone number to the T-mobile Phone Number you have now from that window just delete and input new number.
    07-21-09 10:45 AM
    Please go to Options then click on ADVANCE OPTIONS, then go to HOST ROUTING TABLE click on the BB Menu button then select REGISTER NOW, this will refresh your t-mobile service books, just give it try, this should solve your issue. Make sure you are suscribed to a Blackberry Data Plan thru T-mobile first.
    I have same problem with my unlocked 9500. I have only edge (not EDGE).
    I tried HOST ROUTING TABLE registeration many time but NO REPLY.
    The provider is STC.
    Can any one help in this problem?
    If not, I will broke BB storm and will come back to 8820!!
    07-21-09 03:41 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD