hello i have the unlimited everything plan for t-mobile and i was wondering with this would i have internet and pic mess for an unlocked bb storm or do i need the bb data plan
    10-03-09 03:58 PM
    hi,
    i am using a vodafone unlocked storm but my service provider is not able to provision the service. the phone can basically do everything, make calls, send sms, etc but it won't provision
    when the sim was removed and put in another phone it immediately provisioned. could the phone actually have a hardware problem? i am finding that hard to believe as it is new. i have tried several os, but to no avail.
    if anyone has any solutions, other than replacing the phone, please let me know.
    thanks
    10-03-09 04:12 PM
    hi,
    i am using a vodafone unlocked storm but my service provider is not able to provision the service. the phone can basically do everything, make calls, send sms, etc but it won't provision
    when the sim was removed and put in another phone it immediately provisioned. could the phone actually have a hardware problem? i am finding that hard to believe as it is new. i have tried several os, but to no avail.
    if anyone has any solutions, other than replacing the phone, please let me know.
    thanks
    Do you have BlackBerry Data service activated on that sim card? Is the device switched from UMTS to 2G?

hello i have the unlimited everything plan for t-mobile and i was wondering with this would i have internet and pic mess for an unlocked bb storm or do i need the bb data plan
    yes as long as you have all the required service books and correct apn settings for your carrier.
    10-03-09 05:27 PM
    Go to this instructions to setup service book
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...t=unlock+storm
    10-03-09 11:55 PM
    Hi,
    the SIM has a dataplan as the service was activating on another blackberry. Regarding UMTS and 2G, I am not sure, what I can tell you is that 3G is constantly showing under the the reception bar.

Sorry for the late response, I am kinda new using Crackberry forums.
    thanks!
    10-06-09 01:26 PM
    I am thinking about buying a storm from craiglist and having it unlocked....but I was thinking what if the phone was stole or lost would it still let me unlock it?
    10-06-09 02:14 PM
    Hi,
    the SIM has a dataplan as the service was activating on another blackberry. Regarding UMTS and 2G, I am not sure, what I can tell you is that 3G is constantly showing under the the reception bar.

thanks!
    Dataplan is vague is a BB Data Plan?

Unless your on the branded devices carrier network you need to switch it to 2G under network settings.
    10-06-09 03:15 PM
    I am thinking about buying a storm from craiglist and having it unlocked....but I was thinking what if the phone was stole or lost would it still let me unlock it?
    You will be fine you will just be unable to use it on Verizon if so the case.
    10-06-09 03:18 PM
    Hi,

thanks!
    I can help you but I don't want to hijack this thread. PM me your email and walk you through what you need to do.
    10-06-09 03:33 PM
    if the phone was claimed as lost or stolen, you can still unlock it..however this would mean that you couldn't use it on Verizon anymore..but could still use it on any other GSM carrier

The other thing you should be careful of, is buying a phone whose pin is still locked to the network that it originally came from. This basically means that the pin hasn't been released from the network..and can only be done by the owner that it is registered with

Let me know if you're interested in getting your Storm unlocked. A Verizon storm can be unlocked for $15 cdn and in 5 minutes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 04:20 PM
    if the phone was claimed as lost or stolen, you can still unlock it..however this would mean that you couldn't use it on Verizon anymore..but could still use it on any other GSM carrier

The other thing you should be careful of, is buying a phone whose pin is still locked to the network that it originally came from. This basically means that the pin hasn't been released from the network..and can only be done by the owner that it is registered with

Let me know if you're interested in getting your Storm unlocked. A Verizon storm can be unlocked for $15 cdn and in 5 minutes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It can still be released without the owner as long as you have had a BB account before.
    10-06-09 04:22 PM
    hi Pltaylor,
    I can't PM since I am a new user. However, my email address is Quizote@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
    10-06-09 04:32 PM
    @Carrierunlock,
    hi the phone is branded Vodafone, and I am using it on the MTN network in Ghana, I changed the networking setting to 2G, but there wasn't any change. The sim has a BB data plan. as i said it works fine in another handset.
    10-06-09 07:28 PM
    Unless its blocked on their network for some reason or its a blocked pin by RIM.
    10-06-09 07:36 PM
    hi Pltaylor,
    I can't PM since I am a new user. However, my email address is Quizote@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
    Email sent.
    10-06-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD