hey guys i just bought a new curve 8310 off a friend.

i am currently using it for at&t but is it possible to unlock and make it work with Sprint ? or does sprint/nextel have their own model of the curve ?
    07-07-08 02:06 PM
    No. The two carriers use different networks. AT&T runs GSM, Sprint is CDMA. GSM uses SIM cards. CDMA doesn't.
    07-07-08 02:12 PM
    so in order to get a curve from sprint i would have to purchase another curve that is specifically CDMA ?
    07-07-08 02:15 PM
    You would have to purchase a Curve from Sprint. CDMA is a little different from GSM carriers like AT&T and Tmobile. CDMA carriers like Sprint and Verizon do not have handsets that can be unlocked and used with a different carrier. If you want to be on Verizon, you have to purchase a handset from Verizon. If you want to be on Sprint, you have to purchase a handset from Sprint. AT&T and Tmobile on the other hand operate off of SIM cards. These slots can be unlocked so that you can use any GSM SIM card in them.
    Last edited by sunkast; 07-07-08 at 02:21 PM.
    07-07-08 02:19 PM
    ohhhh gotcha

so the only way to get a curve under the sprint network is to buy a curve that was strictly manufactured for the sprint's CDMA network ?

thanks so much for helping out btw ;p
    07-07-08 02:29 PM
    I went to NewMobileFreedom.com - Professional GSM Cell Phone Unlocking to unlock mine. I paid $19.95 through paypal, and it was unlocked in about 6 hours. They sent me step by step instructions. It was simple.

Oh, I have AT&T but it was a T-Moble branded phone.
    07-07-08 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD