From what i understand, in order to use the WiFi for data access, you must first purchase this package from T-Mobile. All i want to do is use the WiFi without buying the data plan. Is this possible? PLEASE i need my data for work but i cant get the data package.
    02-14-09 01:16 PM
    You can use wifi to browse the internet without a data plan.
    02-14-09 02:34 PM
    As long as you are accessing an unsecured network, or you have the network password, then you can use wifi. Just enable it in Manage Connections.
    02-14-09 02:46 PM
    T-Mobile customer care just said that you MUST have the data plan enabled to use the wifi at all. I DESPERATLY need a way to use the wifi with out purchasing the data plan. Because right now paying $30 more dollars is just out of the question. HELP. PLEASE HELP. Greatly appriciated. =D
    Last edited by SlickBuster69; 02-15-09 at 01:33 AM.
    02-15-09 01:09 AM
    02-15-09 09:26 AM
    Check out the Wifi guide and then try it. I don't think TMO customer care is correct.
    02-15-09 09:29 AM
    You can use the the wifi without the data plan. You can make uma calls and browse the net. You can not use aim or yahoo or any messengers like that since they require the service books from a data plan. Go to your browser then options/general properties and set the default browser to hotspot and you should be good. Read the wifi tutorial mama gave you for setting up your connections

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 09:32 AM
    Im connected to my home network. But everytime i try to load a page i get a screen of agitating text that says"you dont have accsess to this site". I have NO IDEA what that keeps happening.
    02-15-09 10:53 PM
    Call tmobile and have them add the feature enabler package, it should be free. Try installing operamini, that should let you browse on wifi w/o data plan as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD