I have a verizon tour with ATNT Cingular GSM. it works fine, just need to unlock the phone, also i have the emails and browser too, after "unlocking it" too. my question is i am using edge, and this is a 3G phone. anyone out there can help me? also with the voicemail setting? pls advice and help
    10-13-09 08:45 PM
    I don't you think you can use at&t's 3g with a verizon phone..
    10-13-09 08:53 PM
    how sure are you?? thx anyway. how bout the voicemail. anyone??
    10-13-09 08:54 PM
    Tour is not built for 3G GSM in North America. You'll only be able to use EDGE in the US.
    10-13-09 09:46 PM
    Load the generic service books. Dial ##000000 change to your number. Should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 09:51 PM
    Sorry no 3G on gsm in the US. You'll get it if you travel abroad
    10-13-09 09:57 PM
    GSM and CDMA connect on different frequencies.. aint gunna happen in the US bro. sucks....
    10-13-09 10:22 PM
    Nope, No GSM 3G goodness in North America. 2100Mhz UMTS/HSPA 3G support applies to European frequencies only. but EDGE works for me with my needs.

Now if only RIM would make a Dual Sim Bold.....
    Last edited by Zolutar; 10-14-09 at 11:51 AM.
    10-13-09 10:30 PM
    Nope, No GSM 3G goodness in North America. 2100Mhz UMTS/HSPA 3G support applies to European frequencies only. but it works for me.

Now if only RIM would make a Dual Sim Bold.....
    What happens when you get a call to your GSM line and your CDMA radio is active, do you get any type of notification. How does BBM work when your rockin both formats? Email?
    10-13-09 11:32 PM
    What happens when you get a call to your GSM line and your CDMA radio is active, do you get any type of notification. How does BBM work when your rockin both formats? Email?
    You can only have one SIM card in at a time...
    10-14-09 12:58 AM
    you only have one line active at a time.. either att or verizon...
    10-14-09 07:53 AM
    Paperweight mode! But in all reality no. Storm users have this problem as well.

10-14-09 08:21 AM
    I understand that they dont work simultaneously. I just wanted to know if there is any way to know if a call was missed.
    10-14-09 09:02 AM
    I get nothing, the phone line is essentially off. and honestly never tried BBM, but I would bet it would be fine. My BIS is set up with Bell, and even when running on GSM with AT&T I have email, data with Bell's BIS, so I would assume BBM would be unafected too. I do have a data plan with AT&T, but I just dont utilize it, you can only have 1 active BIS account per pin. Being that BIS is RIM, the data plan is just the routing to RIM, so no worries about charges from using Bell's BIS on AT&T data.

I understand that they dont work simultaneously. I just wanted to know if there is any way to know if a call was missed.
    nope, not unless you have it on call forwarding....which I will not do because its an international issue for me, but if its 2 USA phone lines....
    Last edited by Zolutar; 10-14-09 at 11:44 AM.
    10-14-09 11:39 AM
    Excellent, thanks for your response.
    10-14-09 02:52 PM
    So I was able to pop in a ATT SIM and I found out a few things. Tour recognized the ATT SIM immediately, had EDGE, could make calls but not receive them, I could send BBM's and hit the internet and receive emails. Now I have to figure out why I can't make calls. Anyone have any insight?

10-14-09 08:59 PM
    no clue why you are not receiving.....did you try a battery pull?

and if you havent already, definatly update the OS to 4.7.1.57
    10-20-09 12:10 PM
    They say the latest Tour OS resolves that issue.
    10-20-09 01:33 PM
    im about to get a tour and run it on att tomorrow... will i 100% be able to recieve calls form what i am told i am getting a verizon tour that is unlocked... should i worry?
    10-24-09 10:30 PM
    Nope if it's unlocked then you should be fine and be ready to go. If it's not unlocked you know where to find me
    10-25-09 12:19 AM
    so let me get this straight...i can utilize all my data when im on att, thru verizon bis? in other words, my tour is on GSM thru att, I can get all my emails and stuff because the phone is registered under the verizon bis?

I get nothing, the phone line is essentially off. and honestly never tried BBM, but I would bet it would be fine. My BIS is set up with Bell, and even when running on GSM with AT&T I have email, data with Bell's BIS, so I would assume BBM would be unafected too. I do have a data plan with AT&T, but I just dont utilize it, you can only have 1 active BIS account per pin. Being that BIS is RIM, the data plan is just the routing to RIM, so no worries about charges from using Bell's BIS on AT&T data.

nope, not unless you have it on call forwarding....which I will not do because its an international issue for me, but if its 2 USA phone lines....
    11-02-09 10:59 PM
    Verizon bis? Lol. Why would verizon let u use their bis while you are on att?
    It would be on att's bis and yes everything would work.

11-02-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD