So I am currently contracted with big red on my 9530 Storm and because I cant really afford their high rates anymore my services have been interrupted until the balance forward is paid. So now I'm considering to switch back to T-mobile and unlock my Storm for it. However, I don't want to terminate my contract with VZW. I also plan to call them for an unlock code but I need to know if I can get away with unlocking and using a T-mobile SIM and services while still activated with VZW. Whats the verdict?
    07-05-09 11:53 AM
    So I am currently contracted with big red on my 9530 Storm and because I cant really afford their high rates anymore my services have been interrupted until the balance forward is paid. So now I'm considering to switch back to T-mobile and unlock my Storm for it. However, I don't want to terminate my contract with VZW. I also plan to call them for an unlock code but I need to know if I can get away with unlocking and using a T-mobile SIM and services while still activated with VZW. Whats the verdict?
    im not sure about vzw but since your service has been interrupted i wouldnt count on them unlocking it for you. if the account were in good standing though, they would have unlocked the phone for you. i know, at this point its a double edged sword. the correct course of action would have been to unlock it as soon as possible. hindsight is always 20/20.
    07-05-09 12:34 PM
    As above said, a consumer in bad standing is not going to get an unlock code. They already know if they give you the unlock code, it won't do them any good in you paying their outstanding bill.

Verizon won't give it out and if you need a code, you can venture to eBay or websites to purchase an unlock code.
    07-05-09 12:41 PM
    oh and one more thing, even if you do get the bill current, they still wont unlock it because the service has been interrupted. i believe (and feel free to correct me here if im wrong) that the account has to be kept current for 6 months. i dont know where but on CB ive seen this dicussed on several occasions. my recommendation..... pay your bill with verizon and ride it out until the end of your contract. or take your chances on buying the unlock code online. ive also seen reports of the purchased codes not always working, but i suppose that depends on how reputable the online service is.
    07-05-09 12:47 PM
    07-05-09 12:54 PM
    oh and one more thing, even if you do get the bill current, they still wont unlock it because the service has been interrupted. i believe (and feel free to correct me here if im wrong) that the account has to be kept current for 6 months. i dont know where but on CB ive seen this dicussed on several occasions. my recommendation..... pay your bill with verizon and ride it out until the end of your contract. or take your chances on buying the unlock code online. ive also seen reports of the purchased codes not always working, but i suppose that depends on how reputable the online service is.
    Its not 6 months it is actually only 60 days. I unlocked my phone yesterday just in case I need to use another Sim if I decide to head on over to Europe. The unlock process probably took 20 min or so. But like I said you have to be on good terms. How much cheaper is tmobile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 12:59 PM
    Cellunlock is a reputable person in the business so I would advise getting from him as the above person over the others.
    07-05-09 01:01 PM
    Its not 6 months it is actually only 60 days. I unlocked my phone yesterday just in case I need to use another Sim if I decide to head on over to Europe. The unlock process probably took 20 min or so. But like I said you have to be on good terms. How much cheaper is tmobile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ok cool. like i said feel free to correct me....
    what is the 6 month thing then?
    07-05-09 01:03 PM
    Cellunlock is a reputable person in the business so I would advise getting from him as the above person over the others.
    ya what he said ^^^^

(note: if u plan on getting the unlock codes from above sites (cellunlock being most recommended, and if u do, the site says u get the code within minutes (if u provide the needed info), and u dont get the code or email, i suggest u check ur spam folder, since it mite have gone into there, like mine did)
    07-05-09 01:05 PM
    Using tmobile while still under contract is very easy. Just switch from 1exv to GMS or global after you have unlocked and installed a tmobile card. But be warned: the pre-pay is expensive. Much more so than your monthly bill if you use your phone very much at all. Especially if you have a large minute plan from VZW.
    07-05-09 03:48 PM
    Yep its possible to un lock ur Storm to t-mobile. All u need is a purchased unlock code, and youtube and ur all set.
    07-05-09 04:00 PM
    Well the thing is I set up a payment plan with them over six months to pay off the balance. What I intended to do is make a temporary move to T-mobile in the meantime on a family share plan already opened so I'm not really worried about incurring any major expenses with VZW since they cant charge me anything until the full balance is paid. I would like to purchase an unlock code so I can still at least use my storm and not have to purchase a whole new phone for a temp contract.
    07-05-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD