02-08-15 10:57 AM
698 ... 2425262728
tools
    Thank you very much for the information.
    01-11-10 09:48 PM
    Thank you very much for the information.
    Always a pleasure, let us know if you have any more questions.
    01-11-10 10:23 PM
    Hey guys,

I have a Verizon 8830 that I had unlocked by Verizon when I was a subscriber. I went to Amsterdam and was able to purchase Dutch SIM cards and voicecalls worked fine. Data was provided by the SIM they gave me via vodafone. I've since canceled my Verizon service, but I was hoping to still use the phone in China and Japan when I go there next week.

If the phone is unlocked once and Verizon service is canceled, do you think it'll still work with overseas SIM cards? Also, is data available with any SIMs or only voice?

Thanks,
    DC
    01-20-10 07:33 PM
    Hey guys,

I have a Verizon 8830 that I had unlocked by Verizon when I was a subscriber. I went to Amsterdam and was able to purchase Dutch SIM cards and voicecalls worked fine. Data was provided by the SIM they gave me via vodafone. I've since canceled my Verizon service, but I was hoping to still use the phone in China and Japan when I go there next week.

If the phone is unlocked once and Verizon service is canceled, do you think it'll still work with overseas SIM cards? Also, is data available with any SIMs or only voice?

Thanks,
    DC
    Yes the phone will still work overseas with a SIM card even if your Verizon service is canceled. Data will depend on the provider you will choose but most of them do offer Blackberry Data Plans.
    01-20-10 09:52 PM
    Thats the beauty of an unlocked phone my friend!! Doesn't matter what service was originally on the phone. Its about the here and now lol. Whatever sim is in the phone is the service that you shall get

So yes..it will work in Asia with a new sim from an asian carrier
    02-02-10 06:09 PM
    Always keep in mind that an 8830 Unlocked will not work with North American Networks
    02-02-10 06:20 PM
    I got an unlock code for my 8830 and entered it, using the "ALT MEP2" method. Code was accepted however, when I enter "Shift MEPD", it says "Inactive" under "Network", instead of "Disabled", like in the YouTube videos I've seen. My phone still works here in North America, after unlocking it.

So then, is my phone really unlocked? I have tried the "ALT MEP2" again, to see if I needed to re-enter the code, but it does nothing.
    02-05-10 05:59 PM
    Inactive is the same as Disabled and that means the phone is unlocked.
    02-05-10 06:01 PM
    I currently live in brasil but got my phone from the us, is there a way to unlock it from here? It's a verizon phone btw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 08:19 PM
    Hi,

We can definitely unlock your Blackberry. We can unlock any Blackberry in the world as can a number of other unlockers on this site.

You can visit some of our sites for more information
    04-02-10 08:22 PM
    We have best prices. Let us know.
    04-02-10 08:28 PM
    You can try and call Verizon directly and if you can't get one from them. Many of us on here can further help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 09:05 PM
    Hi,

I hate to be the person that asks questions that have surely already been answered, but I've clicked through a few pages of this thread and it's painfully long. I'm just not finding what i am looking for. It seems to be well monitored by some service vendors, so I'm just gonna ask my questions and hope for the best... I have no issue paying for an unlock code, if it's gonna get me what I want.

I have a BB 8830 world edition from Verizon. I live in Costa Rica, and I use an unlocked iPhone with no problem. Before I unlocked the iPhone, I also used my 8830 through verizon here with no problems (other than the outrageous roaming rates from verizon). I kept data turned off, since verizon's data roaming was too steep, but voice and SMS worked fine.

Our local carrier just started supporting 3G in December. My iPhone is not a 3G model, so I'm dusting off my blackberry 8830 to see if I can start getting some faster data with it.

Here are my questions:
    1) I have seen a few posts saying that unlocked blackberry 8830's only work "overseas" or in europe. Is this true? That doesn't seem to add up - why wouldn't it work in South / Central America? As mentioned above, the phone worked here fine when using verizon's international sim.
    2) I have heard that I can't unlock the verizon 8830 for 3G service (3G worked fine in the states). True or False? The whole point I am after is to get 3G data.
    3) I keep hearing people say that once unlocked it "won't work in north america". Does this mean that once it is unlocked I can never use it with Verizon again? Can't I just "relock" it or something?

Thanks..
    -Ben
    1) When on Verizon it uses CDMA frequencies, when on GSM it uses the two GSM bands it has.
    2) The 3G it has is CDMA not GSM
    3) It will work on Verizon's CDMA service just not US GSM.
    05-08-10 10:17 PM
    I have one of those, i unlocked it fine.. but features like Browser, BBM, BB Applications etc are not there.

Anyone can help?
    06-16-10 08:19 PM
    You need a Blackberry Data Plan.
    06-16-10 08:30 PM
    I have one of those, i unlocked it fine.. but features like Browser, BBM, BB Applications etc are not there.

Anyone can help?
    What does it say on the top right of your screen?
    06-17-10 11:17 AM
    Thanks for the help i am going t Unlock mine.
    06-17-10 07:24 PM
    Let us know if you need any help! A number of us unlockers have been around Crackberry.com for some time and look forward to helping members
    06-17-10 08:17 PM
    Thanks for the help i am going t Unlock mine.
    Anytime, let us know if you any other questions.
    06-17-10 11:28 PM
    you cannot unlock a phone from Verizon or Sprint's networks. These operate on CDMA technology which does not rely on sim cards and thus the hardware itself is directly locked to the carrier. Nor, even if it was possible to free the carrier lock, would there be a place to put a sim card.

The MEPD menu is I'm sure locked down as entering a code doesn't do anything anyway.
    switching from cdma to cdma carrier can be done, but isn't as easy as with gsm unlocking
    06-30-10 07:59 PM
    how can i check if my phone is unlocked....i gave my bb bold 9000 to a guy i know to unlock it but i wanna make sure, i dont have another providers sim card yet
    07-07-10 08:56 PM
    how can i check if my phone is unlocked....i gave my bb bold 9000 to a guy i know to unlock it but i wanna make sure, i dont have another providers sim card yet
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card. Then press alt and right shift and type MEPD (you will not see what you are typing). If it is unlocked SIM will be disabled, Network Provider will be disabled, and Service Provider will be disabled. If everything says "disabled" your phone is unlocked.
    07-07-10 09:01 PM
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card. Then press alt and right shift and type MEPD (you will not see what you are typing). If it is unlocked SIM will be disabled, Network Provider will be disabled, and Service Provider will be disabled. If everything says "disabled" your phone is unlocked.
    it says:
    sim disabled
    network active
    network subset disabled
    service provider disabled
    corporate diabled

so is it unlocked?
    07-07-10 09:48 PM
    Network active means phone is locked to carrier. PM me if you need unlock code.
    07-07-10 09:51 PM
    it says:
    sim disabled
    network active
    network subset disabled
    service provider disabled
    corporate diabled

so is it unlocked?
    Network active means it is locked to your carrier. You should contact them and ask them for a free unlock code.
    07-08-10 12:14 AM
698 ... 2425262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD