02-08-15 10:57 AM
698 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    It allows you to use a SIM card overseas with carriers other than vodaphone that verizon has a contract with.
    I don't have a SIM card. What is it? Is it something I need?
    01-02-09 02:29 PM
    I don't have a SIM card. What is it? Is it something I need?
    Only if you are traveling overseas and into a country that does not have CDMA technology that verizon uses. If you are traveling overseas call verizon's international dept and tell them where you intend on going and they will let you know if your phone needs anything additional. There are some countries in South America that the 8830WE does not work in because they are on the same GSM frequencies that the USA uses.
    01-11-09 09:08 AM
    so can i unlock my verizon 8830 and sell it to someone who has att/cingular.
    01-12-09 04:29 PM
    Hello,

i travel the world a lot and i would like to unlock BB 8830 from verizon, can anyone help me unlock for free please, thank you

my email is bibso05@hotmail.com
    01-13-09 04:52 PM
    Call Verizon's Internation/World? Some such group and they will instruct you how to do it. Instructions are higher up in this thread. You will need a SIM card already in the device for the unlock process.
    01-13-09 07:06 PM
    I have a trip planned to the UK next week and decided to go ahead and get my phone unlocked a few minutes ago. Everything seemed to go smooth. I used the sim card out of my work phone (AT&T). This procedure only took about 5 minutes including the phone call to verizon global. Seems to have worked. Still says invalid sim card but it displayed everything on it after reboot.
    Am I correct in assuming that all is ready for me to order from Gosim?

Thanks to blondeboy and everyone else for this thread!
    01-18-09 05:54 PM
    Call Verizon's Internation/World? Some such group and they will instruct you how to do it. Instructions are higher up in this thread. You will need a SIM card already in the device for the unlock process.
    It's 35 pages... could you be more specific on "higher up in the thread"?
    01-22-09 01:53 AM
    Hello guys!

Well, I just got a Verizon BlackBerry 8830 World Edition, then I came to Mexico and I sent the phone to Iusacell (CDMA Operator). After that, I noticed that I can use the phone with a SIM Card, so I ordered an unlocking code from unlock-blackberrydotcom and then I inserted my SIM card, but it says Invalid SIM Card, I contacted the owners of the site, trying to get the real way to put the code and get my phone working with a GSM carrier, but they didn't answered yet.

Do you guys know something about it? I mean, how to insert the code and get my SIM working?
    01-22-09 06:34 PM
    Received my sim card from GOSIM yesterday. Installed and have a question.

When I go to options>advanced>sim
    The screen says security disabled and list the sim id, is this correct?

So while I am in the UK next week, all I have to do is swap the network to GSM and I will be good to go?
    01-23-09 10:12 AM
    Well, I am here in the UK and my gosim card and b/berry are not working. Cannot make a call
    01-26-09 01:40 PM
    If you read this thread thoroughly you guys know that I got my 8830 unlocked by calling VZW. I went to another country and bought a Sim Card. Changed the network to GSM and viola! worked like a charm....
    Good Luck....
    01-26-09 04:12 PM
    Hello,

Unlocking a Verizon BB 8830 is possible with an unlock code. You will though have to have a verizon SIM card in order to apply the unlock code. Please contact me If anyone has a Verizon SIM card and needs an unlock code. I have a GSM Unlocking business and guarantee that it will work or your money back. My email adress is: iphonea206@yahoo.com

Thanks.
    01-26-09 07:40 PM
    I have a BB 8830 WE. My carrier WAS sprint. What do you mean, it is relatively unlocked. I want use another US carrier, can I do that or is there something additional that I need to do to complete the unlocking process.
    I am reading the post here and most of them are about unlocking a BB 8830 WE with Verizon as the carrier.
    01-30-09 03:21 PM
    Hello,

Unlocking a Verizon BB 8830 is possible with an unlock code. You will though have to have a verizon SIM card in order to apply the unlock code. Please contact me If anyone has a Verizon SIM card and needs an unlock code. I have a GSM Unlocking business and guarantee that it will work or your money back. My email adress is:
    Thanks.
    Ummmmm...it's FREE from Verizon!
    What's the "charge" for if you can get it for free?
    02-08-09 02:54 AM
    my 8830 verizon is unlocked and am in nigeria its working with a local sim here and it displayss GPRS how do i configure its GPRS to work for Data and internet
    02-08-09 03:40 PM
    With the help of verizon I did unlock the 8830 thing this morning. It took some fighting though because I wrote an e-mail to verizon explaining how pissed I was about them saying that the unlock codes were unavailable when sprint's 8830 is unlocked. Last night they e-mailed me back and were very nice. they gave the form to fill out and had me fax it in and from that point it was a waiting game. Today about 10:45am they called me back (and global support is not usually open on weekends) and gave me the code and walked me through the process of unlocking the phone. Just an FYI, the MEPD code does not work, you have to enter MEP2 to bring up the dialog to enter the code. So now my 8830 is unlocked. If anyone doubts it I will post pics if you like. I hope this helps some of you but if you are told the codes are unavailable... its a big fat lie!?!

Also, note that they only give the code if you paid outright for the phone (full retail). If you did the upgrade and got the discount I dont think they will give you the code without charging a fee or something.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 12:33 PM
    With the help of verizon I did unlock the 8830 thing this morning. It took some fighting though because I wrote an e-mail to verizon explaining how pissed I was about them saying that the unlock codes were unavailable when sprint's 8830 is unlocked. Last night they e-mailed me back and were very nice. they gave the form to fill out and had me fax it in and from that point it was a waiting game. Today about 10:45am they called me back (and global support is not usually open on weekends) and gave me the code and walked me through the process of unlocking the phone. Just an FYI, the MEPD code does not work, you have to enter MEP2 to bring up the dialog to enter the code. So now my 8830 is unlocked. If anyone doubts it I will post pics if you like. I hope this helps some of you but if you are told the codes are unavailable... its a big fat lie!?!

Also, note that they only give the code if you paid outright for the phone (full retail). If you did the upgrade and got the discount I dont think they will give you the code without charging a fee or something.

I am very happy to learn about that but will like to know whether i can unlock my blackberry here in Ghana and use any sim card bcause my brother will be sending me a blackberry curve8830 and i dont know whether it will work over here so i will like someone help me out...just want to know whether i can unlock it and then use any of the sim cards here....
    02-12-09 09:15 AM
    You will have to call Verizon to get the unlock routine and code from them. Any sim card can be in the phone when it is unlocked but there must be a card. Or have your brother call them before he sends it.
    02-12-09 11:32 PM
    Would it be possible to unlock this phone to work on the Sprint network?
    02-17-09 03:10 PM
    Any Body Can Help Me??
    I Received From Verizon Unlock Codes But I Can't Reach Mep2 Menue!!!!
    02-18-09 04:27 PM
    Would it be possible to unlock this phone to work on the Sprint network?
    No, there are earlier thread that explain why.
    02-19-09 09:54 AM
    I CANT REACH mep2 menue on my 8830 WE?
    02-20-09 10:44 AM
    im trying to flash it to make it work for metropcs
    someone post this video on youtube

but it doesn't say were to get the cricket file
    anyone ?
    02-23-09 08:27 PM
    Hi guys,

My dad just got a blackberry storm and he used to have a blackberry 8830 World Edition. But I am on a different network than him. So does anyone know how to unlock the phone, if you do please write back ASAP. Right now telus is driing me

Thanks

Domenik
    02-24-09 10:45 PM
    So, I read through some of this long thread trying to figure out how to unlock my new 8830 from Verizon. Sounded a little mysterious to me. Finally I figured I would just call verizon. I thing I waited on hold longer that it took to unlock once I got to talk to some nice guy there. Took about a minute and we were done.

Regards,
    Allen
    03-14-09 01:41 PM
698 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD