I have the original storm and Im always trying to do new and cool things to it. I was wondering what this whole unlocking deal was about, is it bad or good for the phone. I was also wondering if any one had the exact steps for unlocking the storm on verizon. Any help would be much appreciated because Im lacking in the knowledge department. Let me know of any other cool stuff I should know about too thanks.
    11-10-09 05:37 AM
    Unlocking it will allow it to be used on other networks. Other than that, no harm will be done. If ya don't plan on leaving VZW there's no need to unlock it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 06:56 AM
    Also to unlock your Storm for "free" on VZN you have to have an account in good standing for 60 days or you can choose to pay a 3rd party provider to provide you with an unlock code for $XX.XX
    11-10-09 07:45 AM
    Unlocking it will allow it to be used on other networks. Other than that, no harm will be done. If ya don't plan on leaving VZW there's no need to unlock it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It also allows you to travel internationally and by, using other carriers' SIMs, not pay VZW's absurdly high per minute rates.
    11-10-09 07:50 AM
    Thanks for the tips guys, I think I want to unlock it because I travel to Europe to see my girlfriend all the time. Does any one have a step by step process to walk me through unlocking it? I can get the number I have been a good customer for over 3 years. I will call and get the number today. Thanks!!
    11-10-09 01:04 PM
    Thanks for the tips guys, I think I want to unlock it because I travel to Europe to see my girlfriend all the time. Does any one have a step by step process to walk me through unlocking it? I can get the number I have been a good customer for over 3 years. I will call and get the number today. Thanks!!
    They will usually walk you through the process when you get the number from Verizon.
    11-10-09 01:16 PM
    OK thanks will do does any know about shrinking down OS software I see people posting stuff on how to do it but what do I take away it seems like if they put it on the new OS you need it. Am I right or wrong some clarification would help thanks.
    11-10-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD