Alright guys...I got a weird question. My fiance and I were on Verizon and switched to Sprint for the obvious cost savings. The problem is she had a Pearl Flip and loved it. Is there a way that I could unlock the Verizon Flip and use it on Sprint?? Would all the features and everything work like it should??
    11-25-09 06:29 PM
    So I either asked a REALLY stupid question, or no one knows what would happen???
    11-27-09 05:58 PM
    Sprint is unlikely to activate a non-Sprint device on their network. But you can always ask them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 06:08 PM
    You cannot unlock it, but you could flash it to Sprints network. You will want to confirm with Sprint that they will be willing to activate it on their network before you go beyond any further.
    11-28-09 10:44 AM
    Whats the difference between unlocking and flashing?? Would I just call them up and ask them if they would be willing? Or should I get one and flash it first then call them and talk to someone that would do it for me?
    11-30-09 07:01 PM
    Call Sprint why do all the work and get shunned away.
    11-30-09 07:07 PM
    Is flashing something that you guys do??
    11-30-09 08:14 PM
    Call Sprint first. If you flash it and Sprint won't accept it you can't use it on VZW.

11-30-09 08:40 PM
    Sprint and vz are cdma carriers. Cdma phones are not interchangeable like gsm phones(just switching Sim cards). The firmware must be flashed to work on the carrier and the phone must be allowed on the network by the carrier for the phone to be functional. Cdma carriers are usually unwilling to do that.

11-30-09 08:53 PM
    Nicely said..
    12-01-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD