Ok, before anyone blasts me saying this isn't a GSM phone, can't be unlocked, etc. I KNOW!

I've been flashing the 8350i's to Boost and SouthernLinc and I'm VERY VERY familiar with this and other BB phones.

Here's my problem:
    I've recently sent a few 8350i's to Brazil. I was told by Nextel top level tech support that the phone can be used with the existing service books and will just be plug and play in Brazil and other markets on the same Nextel frequencies. However when they received the phones (which worked with my US Nextel SIM)....the phones all say "SUBSIDY LOCKED".

I contacted Nextel and they said that Sprint/Nextel does not Subsidy lock these phones and they do not have any codes to release them.

My guy apparently took the phone to a shop in Brazil where they charged $35 (Hwy robbery!) and now the phone works.

Obviously they did something. I don't know what. From what I've read on these phones, they are triple locked. Is it possible there's another OS or set of service books that these guys are using down there to make the phones work?

He reports it DEFINITELY WORKS now.....and he's calling it debloqueada, which translates to Unlocked....Not sure if this is a CODE based process, MEP based, I have no idea, and he doesn't know what they did to fix it.

My question is, does anyone know what process was used down there to make a US 8350i work on the Brazilian network? If so, what's needed and how do I go about getting it? I have just about every tool made for BB at this point, but perhaps just need to know what to do with these. I'm stumped.

I've even gone as far as nuke-ing and reloading entirely.

Please help!!!

Thanks
    juliomonteiro likes this.
    01-09-11 12:21 PM
    Is that the 2,000 you shipped to Brazil, Raul? Man, you're in trouble now.

Ok, before anyone blasts me saying this isn't a GSM phone, can't be unlocked, etc. I KNOW!

I've been flashing the 8350i's to Boost and SouthernLinc and I'm VERY VERY familiar with this and other BB phones.

Here's my problem:
    I've recently sent a few 8350i's to Brazil. I was told by Nextel top level tech support that the phone can be used with the existing service books and will just be plug and play in Brazil and other markets on the same Nextel frequencies. However when they received the phones (which worked with my US Nextel SIM)....the phones all say "SUBSIDY LOCKED".

I contacted Nextel and they said that Sprint/Nextel does not Subsidy lock these phones and they do not have any codes to release them.

My guy apparently took the phone to a shop in Brazil where they charged $35 (Hwy robbery!) and now the phone works.

Obviously they did something. I don't know what. From what I've read on these phones, they are triple locked. Is it possible there's another OS or set of service books that these guys are using down there to make the phones work?

He reports it DEFINITELY WORKS now.....and he's calling it debloqueada, which translates to Unlocked....Not sure if this is a CODE based process, MEP based, I have no idea, and he doesn't know what they did to fix it.

My question is, does anyone know what process was used down there to make a US 8350i work on the Brazilian network? If so, what's needed and how do I go about getting it? I have just about every tool made for BB at this point, but perhaps just need to know what to do with these. I'm stumped.

I've even gone as far as nuke-ing and reloading entirely.

Please help!!!

Thanks
    01-17-11 01:56 AM
    My friend,

You mentioned that your friend in Brazil was actually able to have his b8350i unlocked by someone who charged USD35. Can you help me getting the details? I need to unlock mine and USD35 would be fine it it really resolves the problem.

Thank you

Julio
    03-23-11 02:07 PM
    juliomonteiro, if you need to unlock it from it's carrier You can unlock your Blackberry online
    04-02-11 09:12 PM
    Can you flash a Nextel 8350i to work on the SouthernLINC network?
    06-13-13 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD