View Poll Results: Should this article be stickied somewhere?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 76.40%
  • No

21 23.60%
08-28-09 10:09 AM
37 12
tools
    The network "active" will always display active if you have a valid SIM in your device regardless of locked or unlocked. If you take the SIM out and check it again on an unlocked phone it will say disabled. Minor mistake in the description, but no big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Negative...I have a valid SIM in my Bold, and for "Network", it says "Disabled". Same thing when I unlocked my 8800.
    04-30-09 11:32 PM
    Negative...I have a valid SIM in my Bold, and for "Network", it says "Disabled". Same thing when I unlocked my 8800.
    This is correct. If the network is "Disabled", it is no longer able to lock your phone to it.

05-01-09 01:25 AM
    Chris,

I have sent the PDF to your yahoo id
    05-08-09 07:16 AM
    Chris,

I have sent the PDF to your yahoo id
    Got it ST, thanks man.

Chris
    05-08-09 02:30 PM
    This should definitely be stickied. How are noobs going to know that unbranding is a taboo topic if there's no sticky explaining why? Especially if the main reason is just that the software involved is pirated from RIM.
    05-08-09 03:00 PM
    thread up thread up thread up !!!
    05-08-09 10:15 PM
    thx for the info
    08-07-09 08:12 PM
    Curious as to why the software in question is being called illegal because it was leaked, but beta OS's are not. What exactly is the difference? I understand both can void your warranty, one just carries a bit more risk than the other in doing permanent damage.
    08-28-09 03:18 AM
    Curious as to why the software in question is being called illegal because it was leaked, but beta OS's are not. What exactly is the difference? I understand both can void your warranty, one just carries a bit more risk than the other in doing permanent damage.
    The software in question if placed in the wrong hands can do a lot to the blackberry to do criminal/bad things. I won't go into details but its a hardcore piece of software.

Beta OS's on the other hand is another story. The thing about OS's is that if you don't like it, you can revert to another OS. As far as I know installing a diff OS does not void your warranty..

08-28-09 06:35 AM
    The software in question if placed in the wrong hands can do a lot to the blackberry to do criminal/bad things. I won't go into details but its a hardcore piece of software.

Beta OS's on the other hand is another story. The thing about OS's is that if you don't like it, you can revert to another OS. As far as I know installing a diff OS does not void your warranty..

Exactly. To clarify what pinoi said, the software can actually enable you to change PIN numbers, IMEI numbers etc. and that, if in the wrong hands, will end up causing people who think they are getting a deal on a cheap Blackberry to end up with one that has a clone PIN or IMEI number which will basically render the device useless.

Chris
    08-28-09 06:44 AM
    Evidently this software was not released, it was pirated.

I'm still not convinced "leaked" software is an accident. Either it's a great way to beta test an OS, or it was already released by a carrier. If these have all been truly leaked, someone at BB security needs to lose their job. No proof or inside info, just my opinion.
    08-28-09 07:24 AM
    "7. You are able to force your phone to use the AMR-F Voice Codec for higher quality calls. Most devices will switch between AMR-F (Full-range) and AMR-H (Half-range), but typically use AMR-H (Half-range) a majority of the time"

you missed AMR-EFR (enhanced full rate) which should be the best @ 12.2 kbps and the others are rate not range such as AMR-FR (full rate) AMR-HR (half rate)
    08-28-09 10:09 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD