07-27-12 01:41 AM
347 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    The current VVM files cause a regular voice mail bug and need to be removed for standard voice mail to work. There are tons of VVM sites and things out there. I am currently using YouMail which only uses the minutes on your plan. I'm not sure if VVM would work or not, but most likely not since you need to delete the 5 or 6 VVM files within the OS to make your voice mail work right now.

Chris
    04-10-09 06:17 AM
    thank for the quick reponse Tronyx. Yup, i'm aware of the VM issue...i've used that workaround to get my voicemail icon back as well. Question though, before you removed the files, did the VVM icon at least show up on your Bold?
    04-10-09 06:56 AM
    thank for the quick reponse Tronyx. Yup, i'm aware of the VM issue...i've used that workaround to get my voicemail icon back as well. Question though, before you removed the files, did the VVM icon at least show up on your Bold?
    Not a problem. No, it did not. I'm assuming that would show up once the VVM got released along with the VVM files being "activated".

Chris
    04-10-09 07:28 AM
    chris, there arent any unbranding/unlocking issues with .167 and the regular voicemail indicator right? i havent had a voicemail yet to check. but it sounds like the problem is with .247 and the VVM only right?
    04-10-09 07:32 AM
    chris, there arent any unbranding/unlocking issues with .167 and the regular voicemail indicator right? i havent had a voicemail yet to check. but it sounds like the problem is with .247 and the VVM only right?
    The VVM and no voicemail icon issue did not start until the VVM files were introduced with the leak of the .237 beta OS. .167 should not have to be fixed.

Chris
    04-10-09 07:35 AM
    i have a blackberry storm and woulold like it unbranded with just the blackberry splash screen i could care less about the warranty can any body help
    04-10-09 08:04 AM
    i have a blackberry storm and woulold like it unbranded with just the blackberry splash screen i could care less about the warranty can any body help
    Nobody will direct you to the necessary software on this forum, as it is forbidden to discuss or recommend pirated software (warez). Between the original poster's links in his signature, and some googling, you'll find your own way. Just a reminder that since you won't find the information here, any damage you cause to your device is not the responsibility of this forum, its owners or moderators.
    04-10-09 08:35 AM
    i understand that part but i looked everwhere and tried mfi can you email me with some possible searches that i can try out
    04-10-09 08:45 AM
    So I checked the escreen and changed to voice codec to amr-f, but when I reset my phone the codec goes back to default. Will unbranding it keep it on the amr-f codec?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 03:13 PM
    So I checked the escreen and changed to voice codec to amr-f, but when I reset my phone the codec goes back to default. Will unbranding it keep it on the amr-f codec?

Did you press the "Set Codec" option after setting it from "Default" to "AMR-F"?
    04-10-09 06:02 PM
    Hi to all, well I tried as posted to get my BB Bold code and all I got was a We can not give you the code because the company owns it. That is all, so now here I am waiting for another way (free), is there a way to look for the code in the phone or should I pay for it, I imagine if there are guys who sell the codes there should be a way to get it or unlock the phone without having to pay for it, any software which do this?

Mine is a BB Bold.
    04-10-09 08:20 PM
    Hi to all, well I tried as posted to get my BB Bold code and all I got was a We can not give you the code because the company owns it. That is all, so now here I am waiting for another way (free), is there a way to look for the code in the phone or should I pay for it, I imagine if there are guys who sell the codes there should be a way to get it or unlock the phone without having to pay for it, any software which do this?

Mine is a BB Bold.
    What Carrier are you with?
    04-10-09 08:52 PM

Mine is a BB Bold.
    You do not want to use the unbranding software to unlock your device. Either try your carrier again with another tech by telling them that you are traveling out of the country and would like the Subsidiary Unlock Code or pay someone to get you the code.

Chris
    04-11-09 01:54 AM
    +1 save yourself the stress, just buy it.

04-11-09 02:05 AM
    you can use the debranding software but what you're really doing is unlocking and then re-branding. So, you'll basically nuke the device and then reload it with a VSM that corresponds to your carriers vendor ID. If you're a digitel customer I believe your vendor ID is 298, check your "help me" screen for this. (alt+cap+h).

So, I think you would want to load VSM 21927-002 or 21927-003. Not sure which one though or what the difference is. If no one else knows then you could try one and then the other if need be.
    04-11-09 02:21 AM
    I actually have a MASSIVE collection of VSM files, but I need to compile a list of which ones are which carrier and which device.

Chris
    04-11-09 02:23 AM
    Hi again, maybe it is a dumb question but I have read the code for unlocking the phone is always provided by the Cellphone provider, if this is true how it is possible that living in another country and different provider they can tell you the code over the net with the IMEI ?, This looks as there is some kind of software to get the famous code, could this be true or it is wishful thinking.

Regards
    04-11-09 03:16 PM
    I actually have a MASSIVE collection of VSM files, but I need to compile a list of which ones are which carrier and which device.

Chris
    yeah, me too, i think that was the only way to get them...lol.

However, one of the things i downloaded was each VSM extracted into its own folder, therefore exposing the contents including the .png files for the splash screens. One of the files also has the vendor ID embedded in it, and, when extracted VID=XXX is part of the file name.

So, if I know the vendor ID i'm looking for I do a search for, in this case, VID=298. I have a decent list of VIDs but digitel wasn't in there so I just googled it. I just search for any file that has VID=298 in the name. Then, you'll get back a dozen or so folders. Then I look in the folders and see what size the .pngs are and try to match them up with the device in question's screen resolution. For 298 there were two that were 480x320 but i'm unable to tell any differences between them. anyways, then i just go to the folder that has all the real VSMs and find the one that matches up with the folder of the extract.

So, using that method you pretty much have the power to re-brand. I took an old locked cbw 8800 and turned it into an unlocked t-mo , complete with "my favs" and all
    04-11-09 09:39 PM
    Hi again, maybe it is a dumb question but I have read the code for unlocking the phone is always provided by the Cellphone provider, if this is true how it is possible that living in another country and different provider they can tell you the code over the net with the IMEI ?, This looks as there is some kind of software to get the famous code, could this be true or it is wishful thinking.

Regards
    I'm not totally sure but I'm inferring that there is a fancy algorithm they run based on the IMEI and original branded carrier and it will produce the unlock code. Cellular carriers are given a list of unlock codes for each IMEI that is sold to them from the manufacturer. As for sites that sell the service, I think they have some kind of software that generates them based on the carrier and the IMEI. not for certain but it seems logical?
    04-11-09 09:45 PM
    Did you press the "Set Codec" option after setting it from "Default" to "AMR-F"?
    it will reset back to default everytime the phone is rebooted. so you need to go back in an set it back to AMR-F everytime the phone is powercycled.
    04-12-09 03:27 AM
    You do not want to use the unbranding software to unlock your device. Either try your carrier again with another tech by telling them that you are traveling out of the country and would like the Subsidiary Unlock Code or pay someone to get you the code.

Chris
    why not? i did. or just telling him not to bother unlocking through the unbranding program so he doesnt nuke it over just an unlock code.
    04-12-09 03:29 AM
    why not? i did. or just telling him not to bother unlocking through the unbranding program so he doesn't nuke it over just an unlock code.
    Exactly. Using the MFI tool to "get your feet wet" within the world of BB customization is not a good idea. Pay a couple bucks to get someone to provide you with the unlock code or possibly pay for a new Bold....

Chris
    04-12-09 03:31 AM
    true true. well i jumped right in and this was my first blackberry. but i used to hex edit and hack motorolas and nokias so ive done similar stuff like that before. but i agree, the average layman shouldnt try it just to unlock it. but i also must say, as long as you follow the directions properly, it can be done rather easily.
    04-12-09 03:35 AM
    true true. well i jumped right in and this was my first blackberry. but i used to hex edit and hack motorolas and nokias so ive done similar stuff like that before. but i agree, the average layman shouldnt try it just to unlock it. but i also must say, as long as you follow the directions properly, it can be done rather easily.
    You ever see BT's signature? The post quote that's in it?

"ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of ******* all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out..."

It was a real post. Wasn't my post, but that is essentially me. Within 5 days of owning my Bold, I had upgraded the OS 3 times up to .237, blacked it out entirely, loosing the little white sticker in the process and unbranded it. Did it all without even thinking simply because I was so f*cking excited that I had a Blackberry, lol.

Thankfully nothing happened to me, but let's just say I have added some common sense to the pile for the future.

Chris
    04-12-09 04:33 AM
    true, im the same way. once i learned i could get the forced 2G option to save battery life, i had to do it.
    04-12-09 04:46 AM
347 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD