07-27-12 12:41 AM
347 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Great Post
    Im thinking i want myphone unbranded but the real issue im haveing is all the att media mall stuff i want it gone and going into the service book doesnt do it just dont want stuff on there i dont need any help or direction would be very helpful Thanx
    T
    If you unbrand do you still hace access to AT&T's CV?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 02:32 PM
    I have the actual method to debranding am I allowed to post ? It took me all day but it worked on my alltel blackberry !
    Do you mind PMing it to me?

04-07-09 02:35 PM
    Great thread!!!!! was just about to post a thread asking how do you know if your bb is unlocked

04-07-09 02:41 PM
    Great thread!!!!! was just about to post a thread asking how do you know if your bb is unlocked

Not a problem, glad I could help.

Do you mind PMing it to me?

Shoot me a PM about it if you haven't yet.

If you unbrand do you still hace access to AT&T's CV?

Yes, I am still able to use CV.

So if it says "disabled," after typing in MEPD, that means that it is unlocked?
    Yes, that is correct.

Tronyx...
    Thanks for the post. In reading all of the subsequent posts...I have not come across one that gives you details regarding the optimal settings you can use when you have completed the unbranding. e.g., HR-FR, etc.
    is there instructions somewhere on optimal settings and how to change them in the menu?
    Not a problem, I'm glad that I put it together as it seems to have been a big help to some people. As for the instructions on how to force the use of AMR-F, I have the instructions, but you need to be unbranded/debranded first.

I think that was all the questions and such since my last post, lol.

Chris
    04-08-09 01:38 AM
    Hey Tronyx, "Not a problem, I'm glad that I put it together as it seems to have been a big help to some people. As for the instructions on how to force the use of AMR-F, I have the instructions, but you need to be unbranded/debranded first."

Can you post these instructions or send them to me? Thanks!
    04-08-09 10:45 PM
    Hey Tronyx, "Not a problem, I'm glad that I put it together as it seems to have been a big help to some people. As for the instructions on how to force the use of AMR-F, I have the instructions, but you need to be unbranded/debranded first."

Can you post these instructions or send them to me? Thanks!
    I would also like these instructions as I've been playing around with the engineering screens but haven't 100% figured it out.

04-08-09 11:06 PM
    Alt + Rt Shift + H gets you into the engineering menu. select Mobile Network Engineering Screens > Voice Channel > Voice Stats > Codec. while hovering over codec (which should say "default", press BB icon button > Change Option > select AMR-F, hit the BB icon button again and hit "Set Voice Codec" and youre done.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 04-09-09 at 01:20 AM.
    04-08-09 11:29 PM
    Alt + Rt Shift + H gets you into the engineering menu. select Mobile Network Engineering Screens > Voice Channel > Voice Stats > Codec. while hovering over codec (which should say "default", press BB icon button > Change Option > select AMF-F, hit the BB icon button again and hit "Set Voice Codec" and youre done.
    Thanks bud. Sometimes sleeping when everyone else is awake is bad, lol.

Chris
    04-08-09 11:50 PM
    Alt + Rt Shift + H gets you into the engineering menu. select Mobile Network Engineering Screens > Voice Channel > Voice Stats > Codec. while hovering over codec (which should say "default", press BB icon button > Change Option > select AMF-F, hit the BB icon button again and hit "Set Voice Codec" and youre done.
    Awesome, that's how I did it, just wasn't sure if that was the proper way. Thanks!

04-09-09 12:19 AM
    fair enough and enjoy. i was on a phone call and it did sound alot more clear. can anyone figure out in engineering menu how to possibly increase internal volume/gain? i used to do it with Moto Razr's while hexediting. you were able to increase the gain control to have a louder earpiece.
    04-09-09 12:57 AM
    I'm sure it must be possible, but I have no idea where to even begin...

Chris
    04-09-09 01:08 AM
    out of curiosity, does anyone know the difference between AMR-F and just FR. according to wikipedia, it seems like FR is the highest full rate mode.....

Adaptive multi-rate compression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nevermind, i think i found my answer. AMR modes are more advanced while just the plain "FR" modes arent.

Full Rate or FR or GSM-FR was the first digital speech coding standard used in GSM digital mobile phone system. The bit rate of the codec is 12.2 kbit/s. The quality of the coded speech is quite poor by modern standards, but at the time of development (early 1990s) it was a good compromise between computational complexity and quality. The codec is still widely used in networks around the world. Gradually FR will be replaced by Enhanced Full Rate (EFR) and Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) standards, which provide much higher speech quality with lower bit rate.

my guess is AMR F(ull) and H(alf) rates are newer and replacing the older EFR (Enhanced Full Rate), FR (Full Rate) and HR (Half Rate.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 04-09-09 at 01:13 AM.
    04-09-09 01:09 AM
    I'm sure it must be possible, but I have no idea where to even begin...

Chris
    Engineering Screen > OS Engineering Screens > Audio Controls

there are many options in there, but i dont want to mess with them. a few look like they would be adjustable.
    04-09-09 01:19 AM
    Engineering Screen > OS Engineering Screens > Audio Controls

there are many options in there, but i dont want to mess with them. a few look like they would be adjustable.
    Yea. Don't wanna play with any of them because IDK what any of them actually do and I really don't wanna f*ck up my Bold, ya know?

Chris
    04-09-09 01:45 AM
    thank god, mod said hes gettin tossed? i was about to report the posts chris.
    04-09-09 02:17 AM
    Woo! Thanks guys! Ok, time to delete the posts directed toward Mr. **** Face.

Chris
    04-09-09 02:46 AM
    LOL that was quick. i hope he got the banhammer!!!
    04-09-09 03:06 AM
    Yea, me too.

Anywho, big update on the links site.

Chris
    04-09-09 03:40 AM
    Alt + Rt Shift + H gets you into the engineering menu. select Mobile Network Engineering Screens > Voice Channel > Voice Stats > Codec. while hovering over codec (which should say "default", press BB icon button > Change Option > select AMR-F, hit the BB icon button again and hit "Set Voice Codec" and youre done.
    Thanks, what does the original setting tell the BB to do? the orignal setting says that the preferred codec is "default" any idea what it defaults to or does it change? Once it's set it says that AMR-F is the preferred codec but i just wondered how it chose what to use prior and if there was any good rhyme or reason behind it.

Also, I have a lot of dropped calls on 3G and I was wondering if a tweak like this or similar could help change the way the phone carried voice calls and maybe drop less? any ideas besides switching to EDGE only?
    04-09-09 11:50 AM
    So everybody is unbranding so they can get to the escreen.

Why won't people just use the escreen link?

BlackBerry eScreen Unlock Code Generator (by Thyth)

That's what I used to get into the escreen and change to amr-f

04-09-09 04:29 PM
    I think its mostly because people wanted the option to be able to change the 3G setting.
    04-09-09 04:33 PM
    If I unbrand will I be able to still access all the AT&T media mall? Such as buy ringtones and music? I really love napster and if I'm unable to access that I won't unbrand

04-09-09 06:01 PM
    I still have access to it all and even CV.

Chris
    04-09-09 11:29 PM
    Slight update to the article.

Chris
    04-10-09 01:36 AM
    I have everything I need to start the unbranding process. I'm pretty tech savie so i'm confident I can do it without a problem. The only thing that is holding me back is that I really want to have visual voicemail when AT&T finally makes it available. If I unbrand my Bold, will I still be able to install and use visual voicemail? I ask because as of right now, the visual voicemail files that have been on the beta OS leaks only install on AT&T phones since they are the first ones who are going to offer it. Has anyone with an unbranded AT&T Bold been able to not only install the visual voicemail files, but also have the icon appear on the Bold? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds! :-)
    04-10-09 05:03 AM
347 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD