07-27-12 01:41 AM
347 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Well Don't say it can't be done I hate lairs!! Say it can be done let google be your friend and torrentz !! I think it is dumb as crap not to be able how to tell someone how to do this esp if it is free!! What's the problem you won't be making anymore money off unlocking !! HOW COULD it be wrong to tell members how to do something ! i am not posting direct links only naming what you need to do the trick ! how is that not allowed
    03-30-09 12:34 PM
    great post tronyx, this was a great help.. thanks man
    03-30-09 05:11 PM
    Can't believe this thread is still alive. Kinda gives me a tingly feeling, lol.

Chris
    Don't we have to call you Tony in this thread?
    03-30-09 05:22 PM
    Well Don't say it can't be done I hate lairs!! Say it can be done let google be your friend and torrentz !! I think it is dumb as crap not to be able how to tell someone how to do this esp if it is free!! What's the problem you won't be making anymore money off unlocking !! HOW COULD it be wrong to tell members how to do something ! i am not posting direct links only naming what you need to do the trick ! how is that not allowed
    Its openly discussed in other forums but not on crackberry. People here don't want to be responsible if anything goes wrong with their phone when they are using ILLEGAL software that is not suppose to be out in the wild. There have been people here that have used the software and have bricked there phones. To some people its easy to do while others it is rocket science. So its better to not discuss it here and stick the main subject of the diff between unlocking and unbranding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 05:31 PM
    Some1 pm`ed me the instruction and the location of the files, so if any1 wants em let me know.

Other than downloading the files it doesn`t take much time.

I started at 6:40am, finished at 6:53am, so about 10-15mins. (I didn`t have much to backup, so it could take you longer if your bold is filled wit c**p)
    hey can you send me the links? thanks

also im currently on BES with ATT, i work for ATT. if i unbrand my bold will my BES still work? for some reason everytime i update the OS, i have to redo my BES for it to work
    03-30-09 06:55 PM
    hey can you send me the links? thanks

also im currently on BES with ATT, i work for ATT. if i unbrand my bold will my BES still work? for some reason everytime i update the OS, i have to redo my BES for it to work
    Well yea, the BES stuff gets reset when you UG.

As for the Unbranding stuff, I'll PM you.

Chris
    03-30-09 06:58 PM
    Well yea, the BES stuff gets reset when you UG.

As for the Unbranding stuff, I'll PM you.

Chris
    how do u PM someone
    03-30-09 07:23 PM
    how do u PM someone
    could u also send me the links
    03-30-09 07:26 PM
    how do u PM someone
    Click on their name in their post and choose Send them a Private Message.

could u also send me the links
    Sure. Sent.

Chris
    03-30-09 07:52 PM
    Click on their name in their post and choose Send them a Private Message.

Sure. Sent.

Chris
    Thanks Tronyx,will this work on a Storm 9530 unlocked and on T-Mobile
    03-30-09 07:58 PM
    I have the actual method to debranding am I allowed to post ? It took me all day but it worked on my alltel blackberry !
    could u PM me the steps
    03-30-09 11:22 PM
    So I read all the pages bit not sure if I skipped it while skimming

What are the biggest disadvantages for unbranding? Also common error is the 3g, anything else?

03-31-09 12:45 PM
    you can brick your phone if youre not careful.
    03-31-09 12:46 PM
    So I read all the pages bit not sure if I skipped it while skimming

What are the biggest disadvantages for unbranding? Also common error is the 3g, anything else?

You void your warranty, you may or may not be able to use AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots if you have AT&T,and you run the risk of bricking your phone which you may or may not be able to fix.

All of which I stated in the OP.

Chris
    03-31-09 03:58 PM
    If you unlock your phone to allow other SIMs ... that does not Unbrand it, right?

--Rod
    03-31-09 04:41 PM
    If you unlock your phone to allow other SIMs ... that does not Unbrand it, right?

--Rod
    Correct, totally different.
    03-31-09 04:47 PM

--Rod
    Did you even read my article? lol.

Chris
    03-31-09 05:19 PM
    Did you even read my article? lol.

Chris

Apparently not. LOL
    03-31-09 05:27 PM
    when unbranding, it says you need to re-load the OS. is this the same step as upgrading the OS and done using those instructions? im assuming all data must be backed up first before unbranding? will all contacts and everything will be wiped too? while reading the posts for upgrading the OS, people made it sound like everything remains and the OS just gets updated around everything. i wouldnt want to have to setup all contacts and profile settings all over again. can someone just clarify these things. i really want to enable manual 3G/2G options.
    04-04-09 06:01 AM
    when unbranding, it says you need to re-load the OS. is this the same step as upgrading the OS and done using those instructions? im assuming all data must be backed up first before unbranding? will all contacts and everything will be wiped too? while reading the posts for upgrading the OS, people made it sound like everything remains and the OS just gets updated around everything. i wouldnt want to have to setup all contacts and profile settings all over again. can someone just clarify these things. i really want to enable manual 3G/2G options.
    Nothing usually gets wiped during either procedure, but it is always smart to back your sh** up first. I back up my PC and Bold once a week, lol.

Chris
    04-04-09 06:20 AM
    well someone on here said the debranding only took a few minutes (10 or so) to do. if i do this, would it mess with my settings like contacts and profiles?
    04-04-09 06:26 AM
    or does debranding totally erase the OS and require me to fully reload it which the how-to's state can take around an hour.
    04-04-09 06:28 AM
    well someone on here said the debranding only took a few minutes (10 or so) to do. if i do this, would it mess with my settings like contacts and profiles?
    or does debranding totally erase the OS and require me to fully reload it which the how-to's state can take around an hour.
    Since it must be tiring to answer the same question so many times, I'll answer your last two posts by quoting the last time your question was directly answered:

Nothing usually gets wiped during either procedure, but it is always smart to back your sh** up first. I back up my PC and Bold once a week, lol.
    Since you don't want to make the decision based on that information alone, let me venture to say that if you don't have time to do a backup before trying something that could potentially brick your phone, you probably shouldn't perform that operation until you DO have time to back it up. The original poster clearly stated the backup is optional and restoring isn't necessarily part of the process, and he also stated that he himself doesn't do stuff like this without backing up his phone. I'm not sure what else you're looking for here.
    04-04-09 07:33 AM
    well i successfully performed the unbranding. when it says then go to DM and into load application to reinstall the OS, i imagine i just have to download the exe file of an OS and follow normal OS installation procedures? DM is giving me a connection error while trying to connect to my Curve now.
    04-04-09 08:26 AM
    im using the instructions in the 101 on reinstalling the OS and its stuck at trying to connect to the device then times out saying it cant establish connection.
    04-04-09 08:44 AM
347 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD