07-27-12 12:41 AM
347 12345 ...
tools
    The first rule of Unbranding is: We don't talk about Unbranding.

Yeah, that too. LOL
    03-13-09 11:21 AM
    Yeah, that too. LOL
    Well that's pretty silly as I'm sure it would fall under "Abuse" :P

Perhaps a moderator could simply say, "No links on how-to or discussion of illegal software."
    Anyway, swim (someone who isn't me [as we say on drug-forums.co.uk]) is pretty confident he has successfully unbranded his MOTOROLA Bold.
    03-13-09 12:28 PM
    Perhaps a moderator could simply say, "No links on how-to or discussion of illegal software."
    They did.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    03-13-09 12:37 PM
    Well that's pretty silly as I'm sure it would fall under "Abuse" :P

Anyway, swim (someone who isn't me [as we say on drug-forums.co.uk]) is pretty confident he has successfully unbranded his MOTOROLA Bold.

Was the first statement directed at me???

That's up to the moderators whether they decide to put up no discussions on unbranding in general. The whole idea was to discuss unlocking because that question gets asked everyday. The Mods may decide to leave out unbranding all together.

There's a Motorola Bold???????
    03-13-09 12:40 PM
    Very informative post and big thanks for it.

I got an error when I first tried to unlock. Invalid code, I am sure I made a typo. Readded and it was accepted. I then searched for a post by Garz on how to make sure it was indeed unlocked. It may help some people to add this to your post. Took me a few minutes to find with all the threads on unlocking lately.

From member Garz: (thanks by the way)

Yes there is a way to see if its unlocked... Do this:

1. Options

2. Advanced Options

3. Sim Card

4. Hold Cap locks and type MEPD

Under network, it will say disabled if unlocked or active if locked.
    03-13-09 12:45 PM
    There's a Motorola Bold???????
    He has a Razr with Bold written on it.

~ducks~
    03-13-09 12:48 PM
    He has a Razr with Bold written on it.

~ducks~

LMAO! But seriously, I'm interested in this Motorola Bold.
    03-13-09 12:51 PM
    LMAO! But seriously, I'm interested in this Motorola Bold.
    The statement was directed at the title of Crackberry.com "...Blackberry Users and Abusers".

The "Motorola Bold" was because discussion of unbranding a Blackberry is apparently against the rules :P

Keep it Legal
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.
    The act of obtaining the software is illegal, but not the act of debranding itself. I believe discussion of such would be legal as long as no links were posted. But I could be wrong and if so.. boo for me :P
    Last edited by bineon; 03-13-09 at 01:03 PM.
    03-13-09 12:57 PM
    The statement was directed at the title of Crackberry.com "...Blackberry Users and Abusers".

The "Motorola Bold" was because discussion of unbranding a Blackberry is apparently against the rules :P
    It's not really the unbranding that they care about, it's that the software has to be illegally obtained. Better known as Warez.
    03-13-09 01:01 PM

Oh, so your friend doesn't have a Motorola Bold?
    03-13-09 01:01 PM
    Well of course he does!
    03-13-09 01:09 PM
    Well of course he does!
    It's a prototype.
    03-13-09 01:11 PM
    It's a prototype.

Man that device must be worth Millions!!!!!!!!!!
    03-13-09 01:12 PM
    Damn I need to get my hands on a Motorola Bold
    03-13-09 01:14 PM
    Damn I need to get my hands on a Motorola Bold

Oh no you don't! I have dibs!!!!!
    03-13-09 01:16 PM
    Can we not hijack this thread please? Thank you to the poster who put the bit from Garz about checking if it is unlocked, I will add that as soon as I fully wake up. This thread was created in an attempt to inform users and cut down on the number of topics and posts regarding those two things. For the guy that asked about the process, go to Google, howard forums or gsm forums as I know they will help you. I'm sorry for maybe sounding like a jer*, but I would really like to see this thing completed and hopefully stickied in the near future.

Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 01:44 PM
    You're right, you do need to fully wake up.
    03-13-09 01:46 PM
    Lol, why's that?

Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 01:50 PM
    Tronyx, if one of the Mods decides to "sticky" this thread, they can clean up the posts that doesn't belong here. It's really hard not to go off topic. Sorry if I went off topic. But I'm sure this will get cleaned up once it's
    "stickied".

Now WAKE UP!
    03-13-09 01:55 PM
    You can pee on this old thread, but now it belongs to us peoples!!

Seriously, I would do a new How To and request it be stickied. This one's been around the block too many times.
    03-13-09 01:55 PM
    Should be a sticky imo
    03-13-09 02:00 PM
    Alright, alright, I'm old. Sheesh. Valid points about everything. Holy crap do I need coffee before I start back into these projects...

Chris
    03-13-09 02:01 PM
    Holy crap do I need coffee before I start back into these projects...
    Better Irish that up for this crowd.
    03-13-09 02:03 PM
    You can pee on this old thread, but now it belongs to us peoples!!

Seriously, I would do a new How To and request it be stickied. This one's been around the block too many times.

Ok I don't know about the peeing part. LOL

But I agree with the latter. Leave this thread open for other members imput. There maybe something that we missed. Once you feel comfortable with all the information, then go over everything and request for it to be
    stickied. The unbranding part may not be a good idea to include.
    03-13-09 02:05 PM
    Ok I don't know about the peeing part. LOL

But I agree with the latter. Leave this thread open for other members imput. There maybe something that we missed. Once you feel comfortable with all the information, then go over everything and request for it to be
    stickied. The unbranding part may not be a good idea to include.
    I'll leave that up to the Mods. It's just information on what it does. Nothing on how to do it, where to specifically find any of the tools used. It goes along with the guidelines just fine.

Chris
    03-13-09 02:11 PM
347 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD