07-27-12 12:41 AM
347 ... 121314
tools
    Thanks! Are there any eBay sellers that anyone can recommend? CellUnlock seems to be legit..... just a little pricey.
    Unlock a 9000? try Unlock your 9000 by yourself for free

I guarantee you it won't brick or do any harm to your device, as I've done it myself dozen times.
    07-29-09 02:52 PM
    Unlock a 9000? try !!URL removed!! Unlock your 9000 by yourself for free

I guarantee you it won't brick or do any harm to your device, as I've done it myself dozen times.
    You have done this on a 9530 storm? I see that it talks about the screen saying No Application Link Factory OS but everywhere else i have looked they talk about loading a VSM file. Is this a different work around?
    07-29-09 03:13 PM
    i need to unlock the phone
    09-24-09 06:04 PM
    i need to unlock the phone
    Contact us at support@expressunlockcode.com if you need more help
    09-24-09 08:35 PM
    Hi.

First, great thread. I have three questions though:

==============
    1) I have an unlocked AT&T Bold (unlocked by AT&T), and have a Fido (Rogers) SIM card in it now. My home area network is EDGE and everything works fine, but in any 3G area I get two error messages every time I try and make an outgoing call....those being "SIM: Call Blocked" and "Call failed due to SIM toolkit error". This happens in any 3G area with the Fido SIM card, including an AT&T 3G area. I can, however, connect to the Rogers 3G network flawlessly with my AT&T SIM card (note, everything else works all the time....data and incoming calls). Anyway, one solution the internet (gotta love that internet) offered was to unbrand the phone, that the AT&T firmware might have a bug in it that's offended by other SIM cards.

See, I'm okay with an AT&T branded phone...doesn't really bother me at all. What does bother me is not being able to make outgoing calls on my cellular telephone. Unbranding seems to me though to be a pretty extreme and risky (bricking) step to take to solve this problem though. So....has anyone else actually done this, and does it solve said problem?

===========================
    2. Is there a guide or advice available for post unbranding configuration of the BB bold. You know, with regards to setting up email and TCP and whatnot. I take it the PIN # remains unchanged. Is there much work to be done with this regard or is it a matter of unbrand, reboot, and go ahead and use the BB like nothing's changed?

==========================
    3. Maybe this can't be answered in this forum, but I've read of unbranding that results in PIN being changed and basically the phone's security being compromised. This more than anything has me seeing red flags. Is there a way to confirm or things to look for to try and best verify software authenticity (in as much as it can be verified given how it's distributed), or is this a roll-the-dice-and-see-what-happens kind of thing?

Thanks for any answers anyone can provide.
    10-08-09 03:04 PM
    I would switch it to 2G from the UMTS/3G if you have that option and that should clear up all your errors.
    10-09-09 11:28 AM
    Forcing it to 2G does help, it's just annoying is all and i unbranding clears up the error, well, that would make me think hard about doing such.

As an update, I went and tried a new series SIM card and had the same error.
    10-11-09 10:40 AM
    Referring to the below:
    On my 9550 everything is disabled except for Network it says Inactive?

does that means my phone is unlocked?

Very informative post and big thanks for it.

I got an error when I first tried to unlock. Invalid code, I am sure I made a typo. Readded and it was accepted. I then searched for a post by Garz on how to make sure it was indeed unlocked. It may help some people to add this to your post. Took me a few minutes to find with all the threads on unlocking lately.

From member Garz: (thanks by the way)

Yes there is a way to see if its unlocked... Do this:

1. Options

2. Advanced Options

3. Sim Card

4. Hold Cap locks and type MEPD

Under network, it will say disabled if unlocked or active if locked.
    12-30-09 11:21 PM
    Yes it does. Inactive or disabled next to 'Network' is the same thing. Both mean that your network lock is either disabled or inactive, and your phone is unlocked
    12-30-09 11:29 PM
    Referring to the below:
    On my 9550 everything is disabled except for Network it says Inactive?

does that means my phone is unlocked?
    Yes your phone is unlocked
    12-31-09 01:54 AM
    I have a Rogers unlocked blackberry. Would I gain any additional benefits by unbranding it?
    01-15-10 01:19 PM
    I have a Rogers unlocked blackberry. Would I gain any additional benefits by unbranding it?
    Not really, Blackberry are not like Nokias example where on Rogers you can only put you ringtones you buy from them unlike if you unbrand it.

All features will stay the same, will just change the splash screen you get when it powers up
    01-15-10 02:01 PM
    is it possible to get the name of the program so people that want to take the risk( at their own risk of course ) can do so
    06-26-10 09:36 AM
    I'd like to stay here so um no, sorry.
    06-26-10 09:38 AM
    do some of your own research and you might find it, though it gets taken down from every site that its hosted on

the software is pirated which is why we cant tell you what it is
    06-26-10 01:36 PM
    is unbranding from one carrier and rebranding it to another the same as flashing it? I have a sprint BB 8530 that I would like to use on another carrier.
    Thanks for your help. Im Noobie Doo when it comes to this subject matter.
    06-29-10 08:45 AM
    is unbranding from one carrier and rebranding it to another the same as flashing it? I have a sprint BB 8530 that I would like to use on another carrier.
    Thanks for your help. Im Noobie Doo when it comes to this subject matter.
    No, debranding/rebranding only takes care of the logos/splash screens.
    06-29-10 09:10 AM
    I see. I was hoping it would clear out all of the old carrier data and replace it with the one you wanted. almost like getting it from the factory.
    06-29-10 09:37 AM
    No unfortunately that wouldn't help.
    07-03-10 04:38 PM
    Hi,
    I've been reading through the 20 pages on this thread and I found it pretty interesting, thanks Tronyx for the info!
    I own a Curve 8520 and have been searching for a while on the net for a method of unbranding but I haven't found any info on this subject.
    Could you please give me a hand and tell me if it is possible to do this on my device? If it is, I would really aprecciate if someone could send me the instructions and the software that is used for the process by PM or E-Mail

Thanks in advance!
    08-15-11 12:13 PM
    Thank you so much for this information
    Tronyx

I had searched, but was using in correct terminology, and not getting where I wanted.. Although I did learn quite a bit, so well worth it.
    I noticed in the earlier posts you had mentioned a second guide about De Branding, (Understood it would have no links to the software)..
    Did this project / guide happen? I have not found it yet, but continue to look.

My interest in the Un Branding has to do with comments from my service provider / carrier here in Thailand.. AIS (DTAC also have stated the same thing) I was advised that Phones (Some models) from the US have connection problems here in Thailand. One Provider, well.. it was the RIM service center here in Thailand come to think of it, advised that as the phone was branded on Sprint, when the phone connects to the network, the RIM server checks with Sprint first to determine if the phone is valid.. and sometimes the response / or the request from here in Thailand times out.. and then connection is dropped / blocked.. or fails..

That is what I understand he said,.. there are language barriers to overcome, so I could have miss understood... or he could have 'generalized' his reason.
    So I Am and will be seeking to un brand this Tour 9630 and see if the local carrier can achieve proper connections..

Now to go out and research to find the required software and method from a reliable source.

Thanks again.
    GB

07-26-12 05:51 AM
    you cant unbrand a Tour. this thread was 3 years old, and frankly i dont think Tronyx is around this forum anymore. so unfortunately, youre out of luck.
    07-27-12 12:41 AM
347 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD