07-27-12 01:41 AM
347 ... 11121314
tools
    Really nice thread. the Info over here is really cristal clear & very usefull.

According to me Re-Branding can b done by putting back the original vsm file of the service provider & then reloading the service provider's official os. Correct me if I m wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's the exact same process, but you use the original VSM file for your device and carrier.

this was a great help. thanks so much.
    Quite welcome.

Chris
    06-03-09 03:35 AM
    It's the exact same process, but you use the original VSM file for your device and carrier.

Chris
    Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

06-03-09 05:58 AM
    Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Always glad to help.

Chris
    06-03-09 07:07 AM
    Thanks for the info, now it's up to Tronix (Chris)to give us a hint on the software and how to use it.

Regards
    06-03-09 12:00 PM
    Hi again, is there a Unlock code generator based on IMEI, why is it so hard to talk about unlocking software, is it illegal, please clarify me, I asked a question about BB Unloc...... and some other software called Multiloader and it was removed, any idea, I need to unlock my bold but DIGITEL wont give me the code required, is this "legal".
    06-03-09 01:33 PM
    What hint. The link to the software is in his sig just click downolad all relevent and read his walk through notes.

Just do not know what "sig" is.....
    06-03-09 01:34 PM
    for anyone who wants this tronyx known as chris has a link in his sig to the relevent downloads to unbrand your bolds. it requires a passwork that i am sure he will give you if you ask him. he can supply that ilegal software everyone speaks of, a few other important things needed to perform the task and full easy to follow instructions to complete the procedure.

TRONYX (chris)

i did it and i found it really easy to follow, it took about 15 minutes ish.

oh look, he posted above, well thats the guy very cool guy also

Maybe I'm wrong on this... But I'm not sure if he wanted you to put this on blast... I suspect he would simply say something to this effect himself if he really wanted people contacting him for unbranding procedures. Just my $0.02
    06-03-09 01:39 PM
    Hi again, is there a Unlock code generator based on IMEI, why is it so hard to talk about unlocking software, is it illegal, please clarify me, I asked a question about BB Unloc...... and some other software called Multiloader and it was removed, any idea, I need to unlock my bold but DIGITEL wont give me the code required, is this "legal".
    Well, if you have paid for the Bold in full, then ur netwok provider should give you the unlock code. Tell them that you will be going out of the country & will be using some local sim card over there. This trick has been used by many ppl, me included & it works . If you have not paid for the Bold in full & u are paying for it with ur monthly ph bills, then ur service provider might not want to give u the unlock code. I don't know abt any unlocking software which would give you the unlock code based upon ur imei, may be someone more knowledgable can help u in this regard.

Unlocking is 100% legal. Infact as I have mentioned above service providers themselves provide you the unlock code. UnBranding or DeBranding is a bit of a tabu here.
    Go through the first post of this thread. Difference between Unlocking & Unbranding is very very clearly spelt out in that post. If you still have problems abt it, ask questions on this thread, someone will surely help you out.

Just do not know what "sig" is.....
    "Sig" means signature. Check out the signature of Tronyx, the relevant link for u is present there.

Last edited by abhinavsg; 06-03-09 at 01:58 PM.
    06-03-09 01:47 PM
    Called Rogers today and talked with them for over an hour...... i actually have moved temporarily out of the country to work and they said they cant/dont have the unlock code. I don't want to unbrand my bb just unlock it. as i understand the unlock code is based off of the IMEI number. i havent been able to come across a program that will produce my unlock code..... have any of you had any luck? can anyone recommend a legit website that will send an unlock code? thanks in advance
    06-03-09 10:29 PM
    Called Rogers today and talked with them for over an hour...... i actually have moved temporarily out of the country to work and they said they cant/dont have the unlock code. I don't want to unbrand my bb just unlock it. as i understand the unlock code is based off of the IMEI number. i havent been able to come across a program that will produce my unlock code..... have any of you had any luck? can anyone recommend a legit website that will send an unlock code? thanks in advance
    Horizon or CellUnlock are both good choices. Some have had success with eBay.
    06-03-09 10:54 PM
    unbranding isnt quite taboo. ive done it a bunch of times and dont mind offering help to those who want to do it. if you follow the directions, its extremely easy.

the taboo part is regarding the Multiloader tool thats used to unlock and unbrand the device. supposedly it was a program only meant for internal engineers at RIM and not meant for public use. its not illegal per se, but more like leaked. people consider it pirated software. this program is needed to unbrand and rewrite VSM files to the handhelds.

where or how to acquire this program, its files and VSM's its whats considered taboo. we can talk about it but not post links on where to get it. by doing a google search will yield you instructions and other download sources.

i am more than willing to help people unbrand, but i wont help you find the program. i do have VSM files which i can hand out, they arent "pirated software" and can be found on and pulled off of any BB device.
    06-04-09 12:11 AM
    wacka wacka wacka - ninja edit!!
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-04-09 at 05:10 AM.
    06-04-09 12:14 AM
    start by deleting yours and he will edit his. but the damage is already done, hes getting bombarded with messages looking for info. you arent supposed to advertise certain things dude, if he wanted it out there, he wouldve posted it himself.
    06-04-09 04:39 AM
    um... thanks if you see i have made the deletion

ehhhh i didnt even check it yet. i figured you did though.
    06-04-09 04:45 AM
    Whatever. It's cleaned up now for the most part. Still getting hit pretty hard.

Directive: Please remove or edit your post that has a quote of me saying that I have it, that it was PW protected, etc.

Chris
    Last edited by Tronyx; 06-04-09 at 05:12 AM.
    06-04-09 05:09 AM
    Horizon or CellUnlock are both good choices. Some have had success with eBay.
    Thanks! Are there any eBay sellers that anyone can recommend? CellUnlock seems to be legit..... just a little pricey.
    06-04-09 07:17 AM
    Thanks! Are there any eBay sellers that anyone can recommend? CellUnlock seems to be legit..... just a little pricey.
    blackberry bold unlock, Everything Else, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com

That's what I found when I looked on eBay. Just look for a seller with excellent feedback.

Chris
    06-04-09 07:40 AM
    Thanks Chris! thats what i found too but i was just wondering who other people have used.
    06-04-09 10:57 PM
    Thanks Chris! thats what i found too but i was just wondering who other people have used.
    No problem.

Chris
    06-05-09 12:50 AM
    Hi Chris,

I live in France and would love to get me a BB Bold, but someone told me that if I use it with a prepaid sim card it wouldn't work properly specially retrieving my mails, the main reason for me to have one! Could you tell me if this is a fact? Thanks!
    06-14-09 04:54 AM
    that will depend on your carrier. if they offer prepair RIM data services, then it might work. but i dont think anyone offers BB data support with prepaid.
    06-14-09 05:14 AM
    I'm planning to unlock my old BB8707g and saw the Unlock Search site which provides the unlock codes for about $10. I read in one thread where it is mentioned that the provider will give the codes for free if you tell them you will be roaming. Unfortunately, here in the Philippines the provider, Globe Telecom, will not provide the code so I don't mind the $10 fee. My question is - Does anyone know if this website (unlocksearch.com) is legitimate or tried using their services? Assuming that it is and they provide me the correct unlock code, is the procedure easy to follow and will it affect in any way the data in the phone? Hope someone can help me on this.

Tony
    06-14-09 05:38 AM
    this did not help me in any way shape or form!
    06-15-09 01:40 AM
    this did not help me in any way shape or form!
    You, my friend, are absolutely hilarious. Such a Negative Nancy who obviously isn't familiar with the basics of the skill taught to children at the age of 3-5, depending on the child, that is called reading.

Chris
    Last edited by Tronyx; 06-15-09 at 01:59 AM.
    06-15-09 01:56 AM
    I was wanting to do a test and unbrand my 9530 storm. The reason is I haven't been able to use my phone for tethering. I have t-mobile data and they allow tethering. I have heard of some success and failures to do this on the T-Mobile network with a storm. I figured the ones who could bought their phone from someone who had tethering enabled thru VZW before selling the phone. I can't even get PDAnet or Tetherberry to work. PDAnet connects and receives packets but never sends any while the browser comes back saying page not found. Tetherberry returns a lot of java errors. When I do the DUN through BB desktop it gives me an error 678. I had found through the Engineering screen under the 3GPP Radio menu then under Operational Info that it said modem mode was disabled. I didn't know if unbranding the phone would set everything back to RIM defaults. Anyway I haven't heard a definitive answer on whether the storm can be unbranded or not. I have MML and the 1,000 VSM files thanks to the person who hosted the files for us, but didn't want to proceed if it wouldn't work.
    07-29-09 03:45 PM
347 ... 11121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD