07-27-12 12:41 AM
347 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    im gonna attempt to unbrand my bold prolly within the next couple of days. I have some experience with phone hacking using bitpim and some with MPT, the instructions are simple so I should be ok.
    04-12-09 05:46 AM
    Can someone PM me directions and the software to unbrand my bold?
    Also, once it's unbranded, can it be rebranded?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 06:16 AM
    Can someone PM me directions and the software to unbrand my bold?
    Also, once it's unbranded, can it be rebranded?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    PM me. Once it is unbranded, it can be rebranded, but I am not sure of the process. You will need the specific VSM file based upon your carrier and device model.

Chris
    04-12-09 06:43 AM
    And now there is this VSM file, I also got a mail in my BB telling me there is a relation between the vendor and ths VSM file can anybody explain me what this is and how people download this file to look to the codes later used to unlock the BB's

Regards
    04-12-09 06:48 AM
    Hi again, what is this VID stuff, where can we download them, how should we use it to get the infamous code ?

Regards,

Thor Hedderich
    04-12-09 08:06 AM
    TEEH, as said many times throughout the posts of this thread and within my OP, please just search Google for any info related to obtaining any and all files that you will need to unbrand your device or use the MFI software.

Chris
    04-12-09 09:41 AM
    TEEH, as said many times throughout the posts of this thread and within my OP, please just search Google for any info related to obtaining any and all files that you will need to unbrand your device or use the MFI software.

Chris
    Hey Tronyx i bought a ATT bb BOLD and i unlocked it all went well until i inserted my sim i get a SIM TOOLKIT error and SIM: Call Barred i know the way around it is to use a older seriies sim atleast according to some posts ive read ive had a World Factory unlocked Blackberry before and it worked fine at 3G on rogers but for some reason this one wont im assuming its due to ATT BRANDING?? as rogers uses 3G and 3.5G is most areas so there for people can call me and send me text messages but i cannot to them can you please provide me with the Files and instructions on how to debrand this device your help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Tronyx i'm unable to PM you but in another post you stated to PM you for the files etc..
    04-12-09 07:39 PM
    I dont see how unbranding your Bold will void your warranty. Nobody at XBM will notice the unbranding I can almost assure you.
    04-12-09 07:44 PM
    I dont see how unbranding your Bold will void your warranty. Nobody at XBM will notice the unbranding I can almost assure you.
    The fact that the splash screen at boot doesn't display your carrier is usually a big sign, but that's only if it's working when you have to take it in for repairs or a swap, etc.

Chris
    04-12-09 11:05 PM
    The fact that the splash screen at boot doesn't display your carrier is usually a big sign, but that's only if it's working when you have to take it in for repairs or a swap, etc.

Chris
    right on, not to mention how easy it is to re-brand...
    04-12-09 11:39 PM
    omg, Tronyx! you're at 1337 posts! don't post anymore

or maybe just take a screen shot...lol
    04-12-09 11:40 PM
    Crap! Hahaha, I didn't even catch that and I usually catch the dumb things, lol. Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe I will delete some old or add posts somewhere to bring it back down and then take a screenshot, lol.

Chris
    04-12-09 11:44 PM
    I'm really considering this. I live in a 2G area that is going to turn 3G soon. I've been in 3G areas and the battery life is awful. Why AT&T would block the ability to switch between signal modes is beyond me.

Excellent post by the way. I like the CB let this discussion go one without guides or links being posted. It answered all of my questions except re-branding, which you said was difficult because you need a particular file for your phone (is this phone specific or carrier specific?).
    04-14-09 09:14 PM
    I'm really considering this. I live in a 2G area that is going to turn 3G soon. I've been in 3G areas and the battery life is awful. Why AT&T would block the ability to switch between signal modes is beyond me.

Excellent post by the way. I like the CB let this discussion go one without guides or links being posted. It answered all of my questions except re-branding, which you said was difficult because you need a particular file for your phone (is this phone specific or carrier specific?).
    Same here. Where I live, my 2G single is strong enough, and the better battery life is well worth the trade off.
    04-14-09 10:15 PM

the file is phone and carrier specific. it contains the vendor id for your carrier as well as specific phone settings. pm me if you need these files. i can't post a link to VSMs can I?
    04-14-09 10:16 PM
    the file is phone and carrier specific. it contains the vendor id for your carrier as well as specific phone settings. pm me if you need these files. i can't post a link to VSMs can I?
    I seem to have lost my folder of the VSM files. Drats. Only thing is that I don't know how to decipher which VSM file is for what carrier/device. The collection has 3 files for each carrier. It's something like 166789-001 would be, let's say, the Bold. 166789-002 would be the Storm and 166789-003 would be the 8900. Just need a method of determining which ones are which carrier and device.

BTW, I don't think posting the link would be a good idea, but if you wouldn't mind PMing it to me since I seem to have lost my collection, that would be great.

Chris
    04-14-09 11:25 PM
    pm sent tronyx can you give me the files / instructions to unbrand and how to debrand just in case? thanks
    04-22-09 09:48 PM
    Thanks for this info, now I know unlocking is safe and I'll be able to unlock knowing my phone still has warranty.
    04-22-09 10:57 PM
    Yea. Unlocking is completely safe and doesn't void the warranty or anything like that. Now that there is a way for AT&T Bold owners to turn off 3G without unbranding AND a way to get to the E-Screens without unbranding....why unbrand at all?

Chris
    04-22-09 11:16 PM
    Sadly my unlocked Bold will be sent back when I get a locked Rogers refurb!
    04-22-09 11:19 PM
    Now that there is a way for AT&T Bold owners to turn off 3G without unbranding AND a way to get to the E-Screens without unbranding....why unbrand at all?

Chris
    cuz having the RIM logo splash screens with the notation "For engineering use only, not for sale or lease" is just so pimp!
    04-22-09 11:27 PM
    Sadly my unlocked Bold will be sent back when I get a locked Rogers refurb!
    Aww, that sucks. At least you can unlock the refurb when you get it. If it isn't already unlocked, lol.

cuz having the RIM logo splash screens with the notation "For engineering use only, not for sale or lease" is just so pimp!
    This is true...

Chris
    04-22-09 11:35 PM
    Aww, that sucks. At least you can unlock the refurb when you get it. If it isn't already unlocked, lol.

Chris

Sucks big time. I'll test out the refurb first before unlocking it. I doubt it's already unlocked. lol
    04-22-09 11:40 PM
    Sucks big time. I'll test out the refurb first before unlocking it. I doubt it's already unlocked. lol
    Yea, but you never know.

Chris
    04-23-09 12:00 AM
    Yea. Unlocking is completely safe and doesn't void the warranty or anything like that. Now that there is a way for AT&T Bold owners to turn off 3G without unbranding AND a way to get to the E-Screens without unbranding....why unbrand at all?

Chris

really? can you point me to where that is? the only reason i wanna unbrand is to turn off the 3g
    04-23-09 12:25 AM
347 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD