Since everyone seems to be posting about unlocking verizon and sprint tours... Does anyone know if telus tours can be unlocked to work for tmobile or at&t sim cards ?

I ask this question because I go to the states at least once a year and I would love to be able to pop in a local sim card so I don't go a week without access to my BB without paying a fufilion dollars in roaming fees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 07:35 AM
    Give Telus a call, they just might be giving them as well.
    07-24-09 07:54 AM
    Well i just wanted to see if anyone knew before I had to make the call..
    07-24-09 09:07 AM
    Well i just wanted to see if anyone knew before I had to make the call..
    You can always try CellUnlock.net Wireless-Your #1 Source for Accessories, Parts, Repairs, Service & Unlocking! if they don't give it. Don't know if they are offering it just yet, but I hear Dave's the man to ask.
    07-24-09 11:27 AM
    Got my Telus unlocked through CellUnlock... Just tried a Rogers SIM and it worked on the 2G Network.
    07-24-09 02:21 PM
    Got my Telus unlocked through CellUnlock... Just tried a Rogers SIM and it worked on the 2G Network.
    how much did it cost you ?
    07-24-09 08:17 PM
    Telus WONT unlock your BB. It's in their procedure.
    07-24-09 08:32 PM
    Hello, I have a vaild unlock for my TELUS Tour the phone is not activated nor do I have a SIM card, does anyone have the instructions on how to unlock it? Do I need to have a SIM card installed if so does it matter what kind of SIM card?
    09-10-09 02:26 AM
    You can get Telus Tours unlocked but they are pricey imo. You can only get Edge 2G and 2.5G on the Tour with AT&T and Tmobile only.

If you're just going 2 weeks or less I would just pay for the data roaming if you keep it strictly bbm and emails. It's cheaper then text or getting a prepaid sim card there.

Oh wait, T-mobile and AT&T doesn't have data on their prepaid services so you will not have internet and emails unless you sign a contract and go MTM and pay for a $35 activation fee and a plan with data. See where I'm going? The math adds up.
    09-10-09 02:47 AM
    You can get Telus Tours unlocked but they are pricey imo. You can only get Edge 2G and 2.5G on the Tour with AT&T and Tmobile only.

If you're just going 2 weeks or less I would just pay for the data roaming if you keep it strictly bbm and emails. It's cheaper then text or getting a prepaid sim card there.

Oh wait, T-mobile and AT&T doesn't have data on their prepaid services so you will not have internet and emails unless you sign a contract and go MTM and pay for a $35 activation fee and a plan with data. See where I'm going? The math adds up.
    +1, you can't get prepaid BB data sims, so it doesn't make sense. If you are going to make a lot of calls then it makes sense to get your phone unlocked, but if you just want your emails and BBM, just pay the roaming as it will probably be less than the price of a sim card depending on your usage. My experience has been about $2 a day for just emails and BBM.
    09-10-09 10:04 AM
    Neither Telus or Bell will volunteer to unlock any of their phones. and I will even go as far to say Bell told me that my warrenty would be voided if i did rofl. I bet telus would say the same. i went through CellUnlock - using the crackberry discount, was around $30, best $30 i ever spent so i could use my ATT sim when working in the usa.
    09-10-09 10:56 AM
    Using uniquephones.com, I was charged under $20... and I love it. Popped a T-Mobile card in when I'm in the US and it's fantastic. No data - switch back to the Telus network (roaming) when I want to check my emails.
    09-10-09 08:19 PM
    Using uniquephones.com, I was charged under $20... and I love it. Popped a T-Mobile card in when I'm in the US and it's fantastic. No data - switch back to the Telus network (roaming) when I want to check my emails.
    I get my bell email fine even when I am on AT&T, but i do have a data plan with them, but because the BIS accounts are setup through RIM, as long as you have an EDGE connection, you will still get your email even though its from the primary provider without roaming charges.
    09-10-09 09:32 PM
    F that just forget about bell ant telus an get Rogers bb thats what I am going to do I cant this bull ****
    09-10-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD