Hey Everybody, I'm hoping some knowledgeable people can help me out.

I just purchased a Tour 9630 with VZW. In May I am travelling to Ghana where I will be for some time. It seems like VZW's global rates are way too high so I am looking into getting it unlocked. What I am unsure about is if I get my Blackberry unlocked and use a GSM in Ghana for 6 months, what will happen when I get back to the US? Will I be able to go back to using my Verizon service?

Thanks for the help.
    12-01-09 06:48 PM
    Call Verizon Global Support they will give you the unlock code for free. Just tell them your going overseas for vacation. Also, you must be a customer for 90 days with no suspended service example not paying bill. Yes you can use the Verizon network when you return, it just unlocks the sim card installed in the Tour.
    12-01-09 07:15 PM
    Yes you will with no issues at all. Let us know if you need it unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 07:52 PM
    Hey Everybody, I'm hoping some knowledgeable people can help me out.

I just purchased a Tour 9630 with VZW. In May I am travelling to Ghana where I will be for some time. It seems like VZW's global rates are way too high so I am looking into getting it unlocked. What I am unsure about is if I get my Blackberry unlocked and use a GSM in Ghana for 6 months, what will happen when I get back to the US? Will I be able to go back to using my Verizon service?

Thanks for the help.
    Yes you will be able to revert to Verizon when you get back to the us. Actually the Verizon service will always stay on your phone but is on the CDMA side of the phone, and when you will unlock your 9630 you will be using the GSM side with a SIM card in Ghana.

So when you get back to the US you simply need to go on your phone's menu Options/Mobile Network and switch back Technology to 1XEV to use your Verizon account.

Let us know if you need any help unlocking it, in case Verizon doesn't give you the code.
    12-01-09 11:41 PM
    Exactly! Try Verizon and worst case..there are a few of us unlockers on here that can help you!
    12-02-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD