alright, so ive been kinda looking into this alot lately, and im not sure what to do. my carrier was US Cellular and im no longer with them. My Tour does not have a sim card, not sure if that matters. i really want to get this unlocked so i can switch carriers ( one a lot closer to home ) ive moved over 4 hrs away and my last carrier didnt support this location. what do i do?
    08-19-10 10:22 PM
    i miss my blackberry, and it was far to expensive to go an buy another one just to go with another carrier. if anyone has any suggestions or answers please dont hesitate.
    08-19-10 10:27 PM
    What carrier do you want to switch to?

Knowing that would help answer the question.
    08-19-10 10:30 PM
    at&t most likely
    08-19-10 11:20 PM
    Ok.

So go into the Unlocking Forum here a CrackBerry and contact one of the vendors and purchase an unlock code for the Tour.

Then you can unlock the Tour following the instructions provided with the code.

Then you will need to purchase a SIM card from AT&T in order to get service from them.

AT&T will require a BlackBerry Data plan on the device. And you will need to search for the instructions on how to manually load the Service Books from AT&T in order to get the data features all working correctly. (Look in the top of the Storm forum. The instructions for the Storm will work for the Tour.)
    08-20-10 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD