Hello don't know if someone has asked this already but I'm wondering if i was to unlock my tour does that mean that I can have two active lines on my phone? For instance if I was to through in a t-mobile or AT&T SIM can I only use those to make calls or can I use Verizon as well. I know this is a weird question, but I read a post once stating this was possible or maybe I miss understood thanks for any help.
    02-14-10 11:49 PM
    I am unlocked on Verizon and put my chicks att sim card in and called her home number and it showed her att number on the caller id. After you put in the sim card you have to mess around with your mobile network settings....
    Last edited by dave3825us; 02-14-10 at 11:59 PM.
    02-14-10 11:55 PM
    You can use either the phone's CDMA or GSM radio, but both of them can't be active at the same time I believe.

If you want two phone numbers, just sign up for Google Voice.
    02-15-10 12:37 AM
    If you unlock it doesn't that mean you can't have 3g? Or can you? I know if you put a t mobile phone on AT&T you can't have broadband speeds. I don't know about going Sprint/Verizon to AT&T.

Honestly, why in the **** would you want to do this? First off the AT&T service sucks so hard it makes no sense. Second, AT&T has the Bold if you REALLY want AT&T for some unforeseen reason.

I've had AT&T twice, Verizon twice, and Nextel once. Verizon is by far the best. AT&T says their 3g is faster but their 3g works hardly anywhere. Verizon has 3g everywhere. Including extremely rural towns in the south. I mean towns with 700 people in them have 3g Rev A service. Not with AT&T. And honestly I doubt you could tell any speed difference really.

Unless you got some reason I can't think of I'd just stick on sprint or verizon. I didn't read which one you had. Sprint isn't quite as widespread as Verizon but it's as reliable as Verizon. CDMA carriers just seem to be more reliable for some reason. Sprint does have the 4g now in some areas and they seem be on the edge of technology. AT&T has the best phones but it does no good at all. A phone is only as good as it's carrier.
    02-15-10 01:24 AM
    How'd you get your ATT sim card to work? I put mine in and it still didn't register.
    04-23-10 01:37 PM
    Hello don't know if someone has asked this already but I'm wondering if i was to unlock my tour does that mean that I can have two active lines on my phone? For instance if I was to through in a t-mobile or AT&T SIM can I only use those to make calls or can I use Verizon as well. I know this is a weird question, but I read a post once stating this was possible or maybe I miss understood thanks for any help.
    You could only use one or the other at a time, not simultaneously by choice.
    04-23-10 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD