It says enter code after I did the MEPDMEP2 thingy, where do I get the code? Need help asap
    12-10-08 10:07 PM
    Either call your carrier and get it for free or find one of the
    paid services.
    12-10-08 10:10 PM
    Thanks a lot, I didn't realize you could just get the unlock code from T-Mobile. I called them, the lady did the request and said the unlock code will be sent to me within 24 hours. I was getting ready to pay $30 for one too!

THanks again!!

In case you wanted to know why I needed it, selling the Curve because I got the Storm! Love Crackberry.
    12-10-08 10:25 PM
    Goodness, I am so glad you made that call. It drives me nuts to
    think of people paying for what their carrier HAS to provide them
    at no cost. (In the US at least).

As for your reason, none of my business. I just assumed that like
    me you were traveling and wanted to use the phone abroad.
    12-10-08 10:51 PM
    Another home run for AG!

Great advice
    12-10-08 11:02 PM
    haha of course that's what he is using the code for hehehe. i wonder how many people actually use those codes for traveling
    12-10-08 11:08 PM
    haha of course that's what he is using the code for hehehe. i wonder how many people actually use those codes for traveling
    Actually I do. Jamaica and Canada. But one of the other benefits is that if you
    decide to sell the phone you can command a higher price and increase your
    pool of potential buyers as the GSM carrier no longer matters.
    12-10-08 11:11 PM
    My T-Mo rep was, for lack of a better term, a ******. "Oh, I'm sorry sir, we don't have the unlock code, you have to call your handset manufacturer to get that. They put it on before we receive the device, so we have no idea what the code is." Now, I told this young woman that was utter b.s. and that the carrier does in fact have the unlock code. And she proceeded to argue with me and be of no assistance. So, now that I don't have T-Mo anymore, I'm pretty much S.O.L. on that free unlock code! hahaha. Point to this post: Sometimes the CSR you speak with will have the wrong information.
    12-11-08 10:32 AM
    My T-Mo rep was, for lack of a better term, a ******. "Oh, I'm sorry sir, we don't have the unlock code, you have to call your handset manufacturer to get that. They put it on before we receive the device, so we have no idea what the code is." Now, I told this young woman that was utter b.s. and that the carrier does in fact have the unlock code. And she proceeded to argue with me and be of no assistance. So, now that I don't have T-Mo anymore, I'm pretty much S.O.L. on that free unlock code! hahaha. Point to this post: Sometimes the CSR you speak with will have the wrong information.
    Ask to talk to a blackberry technician. The Rep's don't have a clue... I did the same thing yesterday, the rep tried to hassle me so I asked for a blackberry tech. The form for the unlock code was submitted in 5 minutes
    12-11-08 10:34 AM
    I refuse to believe that the highly paid and highly educated CS representatives are ever wrong!!!

I would have called back....
    12-11-08 10:36 AM
    Ask to talk to a blackberry technician. The Rep's don't have a clue... I did the same thing yesterday, the rep tried to hassle me so I asked for a blackberry tech. The form for the unlock code was submitted in 5 minutes
    Would that still work since I'm not with them anymore? I've jumped ship to VZW as of August.
    12-11-08 08:00 PM
    Would that still work since I'm not with them anymore? I've jumped ship to VZW as of August.
    You can try. Tell them you were a previous customer and would like to unlock the blackberry you had while a tmobile customer. Never hurts to ask! But be sure to ask a blackberry tech, not one of the uninformed reps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 08:15 PM
    so i would call up cs and ask for the bb department and ask if they have an unlock code?
    12-11-08 08:53 PM
    so i would call up cs and ask for the bb department and ask if they have an unlock code?
    I have never had to do that. Just tell the person who answers the phone what
    you want to do.
    12-11-08 09:25 PM
    If you are a current tmobile customer then just tell whoever answers you want an unlock code for your blackberry so it can be used on another carrier.

For the poster named Option, call and ask for a blackberry technician. They helped me even though I was not a tmobile customer. I provided the cell number and name of the original tmobile blackberry owner, and told them I was unlocking the blackberry for them (which is 100% true). They assisted me though I was not a "authorized user" on the account. The regular representative would not do it, but the blackberry technician was more than helpful.
    12-11-08 11:36 PM
    Whelp I gave them a call and bs'ed that I was going out of the country since they asked. Gave them my IMEI # and now waiting for the code. Do I get it by text message or email?
    12-12-08 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD