I know that both carriers use different networks. I have a regular data plan for ATT and do not want to buy the BB data plan. My question is if I get a Tmobile 9700 unlocked for use on ATT, will I be missing any features? I plan to use WiFi and download Opera to browse the internet. Will this all work okay? Thanks for your help.
    12-11-09 03:19 AM
    the 3G won't be compatible
    12-11-09 04:04 AM
    I don't know if it’s because its 6:30am, but this post doesn’t make sense. An unlocked T-Mobile 9700 will more than likely cost more to buy than buying an AT&T one without a contract.
    12-11-09 05:35 AM
    -you will not have BlackBerrMessenger
    -you will not have the BB browser
    -You say you have a regular data plan, would that be Media net? or did you mean to say regular calling plan?

-No push email via the BIS
    12-11-09 06:13 AM
    -You say you have a regular data plan, would that be Media net? or did you mean to say regular calling plan?

Not true. If the OP has a BIS data plan then these items will work. The only thing that won't work will be the 3G. Just because its used on a different doesn't mean everything stops working. My 9530 storm works the same as my 8900 did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 07:05 AM
    Not true. If the OP has a BIS data plan then these items will work. The only thing that won't work will be the 3G. Just because its used on a different doesn't mean everything stops working. My 9530 storm works the same as my 8900 did.

OK. I thought he said he did not want the data plan and wanted to know what will he be missing without it..
    12-11-09 07:10 AM

Yes I have the media net plan. Would it be easier to simply purchase an ATT 9700? The reason I would get the TMobile one and unlock it is because I can get that one for the lowest price. My buddy works there but I am not switching from ATT. For browsing was going to use Opera and e-mail I need suggestions on the best app to use. How are these apps installed? Through desktop manager or better to download through the media net browser?

And yes Teek your above post is what I am asking.
    Last edited by kpanter; 12-11-09 at 08:39 AM.
    12-11-09 08:34 AM
    I know that both carriers use different networks. I have a regular data plan for ATT and do not want to buy the BB data plan. My question is if I get a Tmobile 9700 unlocked for use on ATT, will I be missing any features? I plan to use WiFi and download Opera to browse the internet. Will this all work okay? Thanks for your help.
    i have two unlocked 9700 that are from ATT

My gf is using one of them with tmo, so if you decide to get it we can trade up and you can use an att on att and she can use tmo on tmo.
    12-11-09 10:12 AM
    From what I understand. You will need a BB data plan to have all the features working. Including BBM, Browser and push email.

Phone and text will keep working normally. ATT and T-Mo are on different 3G bands therefore, the tmo branded 9700 will not receive 3G signal, only edge.

A blackberry isn't much fun if it has no data.
    12-11-09 10:14 AM
    yup i can confirm t-mo 9700 3g doesn't work on att
    12-11-09 04:26 PM
    You will lose your 3G. No good!
    12-11-09 04:56 PM

My gf is using one of them with tmo, so if you decide to get it we can trade up and you can use an att on att and she can use tmo on tmo.
    this sounds like a good offer. you should take it.......As long as this dude isn't the guy with the girlfriend that licks her BB.
    12-11-09 05:05 PM
    this sounds like a good offer. you should take it.......As long as this dude isn't the guy with the girlfriend that licks her BB.
    lol, she doesnt lick the BB i told her that if she doesnt want it that i'll use it as my test phone.

She has a 8900 so either way she has a BB.

Let me know if you wanna swap.
    12-11-09 08:48 PM
    No, seriously, there was a dude that had a girlfriend that licked her BB.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/my-g...e-crazy-51578/
    12-11-09 08:58 PM
    just buy a 9700 from att but don't buy it from the store
    12-11-09 09:33 PM

im willing to trade with you, i have an unlocked tmo 9700. i live in vancouver
    12-12-09 03:09 PM
    LMAO @ this!!!!! That was a funny thread!!

12-12-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD