Its Not Tmo's Job To Unlock Phones....pay A Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-10-09 05:58 PM
    I agree, if you can't get it unlocked through tmobile, then you can pay.
    But no harm in asking, right? I've gotten phones unlocked through them when I called up and asked if I could. The code came within a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:38 PM
    I don't mean to hijack larry but how's the Bold?
    I'm just curious to see how fast it is compared with the 8900...processor-wise that is. EDGE is EDGE.

09-10-09 09:39 PM
    pay a person to unlock it
    09-10-09 10:15 PM
    who cares if someone wants to ask t-mobile for the unlock code. quite frankly, i think its the persons right to get it free from the carrier as opposed to paying up to $30 for the code. screw that. if theres no other way, fair enough. but if the carrier so chooses to give you the code, why not? if they cant get it from the carrier for not being an account holder, different story. but even then, theres a bunch of ways around that.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 09-11-09 at 02:46 AM.
    09-11-09 02:43 AM
    who cares if someone wants to ask t-mobile for the unlock code. quite frankly, i think its the persons right to get it free from the carrier as opposed to paying up to $30 for the code. screw that. if theres no other way, fair enough. but if the carrier so chooses to give you the code, why not? if they cant get it from the carrier for not being an account holder, different story. but even then, theres a bunch of ways around that.
    let me clarify......I totally agree....if you qualify for the code theres NO REASON NOT TO....sorry for the confusion
    09-11-09 10:35 AM
    I don't mean to hijack larry but how's the Bold?
    I'm just curious to see how fast it is compared with the 8900...processor-wise that is. EDGE is EDGE.

Its fantastic with regards to its speed.....I also really loved the keyboard size since Im a big guy with big hands........that keyboard made me think of a real comp keyboard....it was FANTASTIC.....alas I sold it to a friend yesterday......we ordered 2 MT3G's and were giving them another whirl.....I need to do some expirimenting with android .......
    09-11-09 10:37 AM
    Yep, agree with the above...pretty happy with my Bold. Stepped up from a Curve and I have no itch to change for now.
    09-11-09 11:15 AM
    Its Not Tmo's Job To Unlock Phones....pay A Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm reading this as saying it's not TMO's job to unlock a phone you bought somewhere else... which I agree with.

BUT if you ask and they say they can ,then great but if they say no... then you can't really blame them and get all ticked off
    09-11-09 11:56 AM
    First off, reported for spamming and trolling

second, I got executive relations to unlock it for me, with no trouble

now I can sell this phone to a friend that has AT&T and use my Verizon service, its nice to have 3G all over the US, can't get that with T-Mobile
    09-11-09 12:55 PM
    I'm reading this as saying it's not TMO's job to unlock a phone you bought somewhere else... which I agree with.

BUT if you ask and they say they can ,then great but if they say no... then you can't really blame them and get all ticked off
    you totally read it right SA....and i totally agree
    09-11-09 02:04 PM
    First off, reported for spamming and trolling

second, I got executive relations to unlock it for me, with no trouble

now I can sell this phone to a friend that has AT&T and use my Verizon service, its nice to have 3G all over the US, can't get that with T-Mobile

Spamming and trolling?....fellow CB'ers did i miss something?

ssanders I think your comments would be better served in a different forum.......and I do enjoy TMOBILE 3G everywhere with my MT3G......lastly I hope you enjoy that fantastic alltel customer service you were complaining about in some of your posts in other threads ........I on the other hand absolutely LOVE my carrier and my carrier TMOBILE does a FANTASTIC job of taking care of me...providing second to none customer service and showing ME they appreciate me as a customer.....
    Last edited by larrygump; 09-11-09 at 02:10 PM.
    09-11-09 02:07 PM
    let me clarify......I totally agree....if you qualify for the code theres NO REASON NOT TO....sorry for the confusion
    it was only after i posted that i see this is related/carried over from another thread and now see your point.
    09-11-09 05:45 PM
    They put the code on there, they should provide it to someone that has paid full retail price for it, just like AT&T does, I have never been an AT&T customer, nor will I ever be, yet they provided me a code with no trouble

And just to let you know, I buy prepaid phones when they are on sale in stores and sell them on EBay for profit, they sale for more when unlocked, that's why I needed it unlocked, however after this bs I will never buy a T-Mobile phone again

09-11-09 07:24 PM
    Wow... someone must have sour grapes over being denied an unlock code. :P
    09-12-09 11:59 AM
    Lmao ami...he's mad cuz he sells em for profit and unlock. Codes bite into his profits....moreover here's something for yall to think about...if he's buing prepay phones and selling em he's ripping people off...probably selling on ebay or cl and unlocking em to make a profit....so its tmo or att"s job to help him make a profit...its a giant scam...lol

09-12-09 12:55 PM
    nope, I am happy, I got my unlock code, but I will never go through this bs again, I will stick to buying them from AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and Alltel

and its not a scam, its called making money and its legitimate, I don't get a whole lot from it, but every little bit helps

and I actually buy phones that might have some programming issues on Ebay and fix them and sell the for more, I do that a lot more than buying prepaid ones
    09-12-09 01:17 PM
    Im sure TMO is devastated they wont have to deal with your calls anymore.....by programming issues you mean they're locked?
    and you unlock them and want to get the code for free and then ADVERTISE how valuable a service you provide and how much value it adds to the phone....yet all your really doing is coming here....complaining how unfair it is that you KNOWINGLY bought a locked phone with no qualifying account and its STILL unfair that the carriers wont provide you codes?.......hmmmmm

and I find your statements more than a little suspect when you report that .....these "other" carriers provide it to you happily....lmao ....doubtful at best.....hahahaha ::rollseyes:

P.S. : know for a FACT alltel only gives 1 code every 90 days......oh I forgot you hate alltel AND VZW and are thinking of going to AT&T.......at least that is what you report in other threads....so really you're not satisfied with anycarrier unless they give you what you want anytime you want it right?
    Last edited by larrygump; 09-12-09 at 02:34 PM.
    09-12-09 02:28 PM
    I loved Alltel and they were CDMA, so it was much easier to unlock their phones, in fact they did not even need to be unlocked, you could activate it on say Sprint with a simple ESN Swap, and when Verizon took over Alltel, I was not happy and had some issues, but their superior network is worth the extra money monthly, AT&T's 3G netowrk cannot even compare to Verizon's, so I am happily sticking with Verizon

09-12-09 02:47 PM
    I loved Alltel and they were CDMA, so it was much easier to unlock their phones, in fact they did not even need to be unlocked, you could activate it on say Sprint with a simple ESN Swap, and when Verizon took over Alltel, I was not happy and had some issues, but their superior network is worth the extra money monthly, AT&T's 3G netowrk cannot even compare to Verizon's, so I am happily sticking with Verizon

oh great, is this gonna turn into another Verizon vs AT&T **** swinging thread?
    09-14-09 03:04 AM
    Prepaid phones, just like contract phones, are sold at a loss to gain the customer. No way does TMo make a profit on the hardware when they gave me $50 in rebates and two free 8220s that are worth $400 each. Obviously they lock the phone to their network to increase the likelihood they recoup the loss through ongoing wireless service.

I have very little sympathy for somebody who expects TMo to unlock for free a phone that they sold at a loss.

09-14-09 06:09 PM
    woo hoo huber.....ya baby
    09-14-09 07:09 PM
    And just to let you know, I buy prepaid phones when they are on sale in stores and sell them on EBay for profit, they sale for more when unlocked
    Now the truth comes out.
    The guy wants to maximize his profit by not having to invest another $10-15 in the product by purchasing code.

At this point let us all let the matter rest and go onto other things.
    09-14-09 10:44 PM
    called tmo today to ask for a unlock was told if you are a customer you can get one phone unlocked every three months per phone on the account
    09-28-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD