hey guys, can this be done?

i have a TMO BB 8900 but no Tmo sim. How do i go about in having it unlocked?

TIA
    05-13-09 12:48 PM
    It needs a sim in it to unlock it. I think you could just put a friends in it, and get the code and unlock it.
    05-13-09 01:21 PM
    hey guys, can this be done?

i have a TMO BB 8900 but no Tmo sim. How do i go about in having it unlocked?

TIA
    CellUnlock.net Wireless-Your #1 Source for Accessories, Parts, Repairs, Service & Unlocking!

turn on your phone and press *#06# to get the IM-- number. they'll need that and they'll email you instructions on how to unlock it.
    05-13-09 01:21 PM
    Thanks for the prompt response guys
    05-13-09 02:55 PM
    NP, let us know how it goes
    05-13-09 02:56 PM
    It needs a sim in it to unlock it. I think you could just put a friends in it, and get the code and unlock it.
    Um you have to have the SIM out of the phone to unlock it.....
    05-13-09 02:59 PM
    So i can get the unlock code from TMO, them i'm good to go?
    05-13-09 03:22 PM
    Um you have to have the SIM out of the phone to unlock it.....

"Um" Of the 30 some phones i have unlocked for friends or myself, they have ALWAYS had the sim in and remained unlocked and worked just fine.
    05-13-09 03:43 PM
    So i can get the unlock code from TMO, them i'm good to go?

You can call and request it, but you will have to wait a few days for it. Even then it does not guarantee you will get it.
    05-13-09 03:44 PM
    "Um" Of the 30 some phones i have unlocked for friends or myself, they have ALWAYS had the sim in and remained unlocked and worked just fine.
    when the OP gets the instructions from cellunlock.net they will tell the "unlocker" to remove the SIM card from the phone in order to prevent any type of mishap from happening to the SIM card. And T-Mobile recommends doing the same thing. As well as my cousin who worked for RIM less than one year ago.
    05-13-09 03:50 PM
    when the OP gets the instructions from cellunlock.net they will tell the "unlocker" to remove the SIM card from the phone in order to prevent any type of mishap from happening to the SIM card. And T-Mobile recommends doing the same thing. As well as my cousin who worked for RIM less than one year ago.

Its called precaution, and after over 30 phones, and 4 years nothing has ever happened. The sim can be in, and has never caused issues. My aunt has worked for RIM since around 2000 since it all first started and i would trust her advice along with the many people she knows that work for all carriers.
    05-13-09 03:57 PM
    the only way at that point would be to have the reciept of purchase to show that you paid full price.

if you did not pay full retail price then you must have an account open an active for 90 days.
    05-13-09 08:48 PM
    the only way at that point would be to have the reciept of purchase to show that you paid full price.

if you did not pay full retail price then you must have an account open an active for 90 days.

This is true, but there is always ways around it. If you have a good enough story they will pass it to the department, and email you in a matter of days.
    05-13-09 11:35 PM
    Very True but i was just saying per policy.
    05-14-09 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD