Does anyone know of an unlocking service for the Telus Storm2 thats not rip off?
    The one I found that some push on this site wants 60 bucks, whereas Verizon units are 20 bucks.
    Any info would be appreciated!
    11-27-09 02:56 PM
    did you try horizon wireless?
    11-27-09 04:49 PM
    Ya, those are the guys that want 60 bones.
    11-27-09 05:34 PM
    They have a 50% off promo you can use, code: GSMNA50OFF
    11-27-09 05:37 PM
    Yeah... I just saw that too.
    Thats not bad, i'll give em 30 bucks for the unlock!
    Thanks...
    11-27-09 06:08 PM
    Dude that's still not cheap enough. Just buy a code from eBay. You can get one as low as $15.00 there. Check to see their feedback is posative if you are worried about a bad code. I've been in eBay for a few years and I've never had a bad transaction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 06:33 PM
    I got my unlock code from expressunlockcode.com for $4.99 2 weeks ago. They were running a promotional sale and i got lucky with that. That was all worth it to me.
    11-27-09 09:48 PM
    I got my unlock code from expressunlockcode.com for $4.99 2 weeks ago. They were running a promotional sale and i got lucky with that. That was all worth it to me.
    That's for regular domestic carriers not canadian ones.

Does anyone know of an unlocking service for the Telus Storm2 thats not rip off?
    The one I found that some push on this site wants 60 bucks, whereas Verizon units are 20 bucks.
    We can unlock it for you, usually cheaper than most out there. Usually if you email us we can work something out within reason.
    11-28-09 10:43 AM
    We can unlock Telus Storm 2 for cheaper price

Thank you for choosing ExpressUnlockCode. Happy unlocking !!
    12-01-09 04:57 PM
    CarrierUnlock and expressunlockcode,

What are you guys asking for an unlock code for the Telus Storm 2 9550?

I'm looking at getting one shortly and would like to unlock it.

Thanks,

Photo
    12-01-09 05:25 PM
    I have a telus BlackBerry 8830 where can I get a code to unlock it?
    01-05-10 11:23 AM
    We can unlock it for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 11:24 AM
    We can get the code for you. Just remind you 8830 does not work with other GSM carrier in N.A. region
    01-05-10 11:25 AM
    Is there a thread that discusses why the fees for unlock codes range from $5 to $60? Is there another thread or a FAQ that describes the process / tools required to do the unlock? I can understand how the average non-techie would need to pay someone, but as someone who is not afraid to replace the touchscreen on my Nintendo DS or run Android on my Acer Aspire One, I think I'm up to the challenge.
    01-06-10 11:27 AM
    There is no challenge when it comes to unlocking a phone.
    The challenge is finding the right price, and company.

Instructions and support come with your code when you purchase it from us.
    01-06-10 11:40 AM
    For some carriers the unlocking procedure is more complex, hence requiring more resources or time to complete. This can explain the higher price tag for unlocking services as well.

Yesterday I got my new Storm2 and used CarrierUnlock. After a few hours they processed my order and provided me the unlock code via e-mail. Excellent service and everything worked flawless. My Storm2 was unlocked in no time, these guys are the best!
    01-06-10 11:42 AM
    For some carriers the unlocking procedure is more complex, hence requiring more resources or time to complete. This can explain the higher price tag for unlocking services as well.
    The enemy here is ignorance and assumptions: I'm not willing to "assume" something is hard and therefore costly to provide as a service unless someone explains the process and therefore I understand how hard it is. I understand how hard it is to mow the lawn, and I understand what equipment and skills are required to do the job well, so I understand how much I'm willing to pay for the service rather than acquire the skill and tools to do the job myself.

The cost to me to develop the skills to unlock phones is probably not high: are the software tools needed to perform the task only available at cost? That is, do I have to pay a fee to the cell phone manufacturers or the carriers to obtain "SDK" type information that will allow me to unlock phones myself?

If not, I'm surprised there isn't an open source / free unlock method (a-la blackra1n for the iPhone) more readily available, making anyone who pays for an unlock code a "chump".

What bit of information am I missing?
    Last edited by lorax1284; 01-06-10 at 12:01 PM.
    01-06-10 11:57 AM
    If MFI Multiloader is not a familiar name to you then it is no use if I explained you the process.
    01-06-10 12:08 PM
    i unlocked my telus storm with unlocking.com only paid 14$ with a promo discount.
    01-06-10 12:17 PM
    If MFI Multiloader is not a familiar name to you then it is no use if I explained you the process.
    I don't need anyone to 'splain it to me: knowing the key words to search on Google is sufficient. The dominoes will fall on their own. Thanks.
    01-06-10 12:38 PM
    Google it then. Also Google Polarbox.
    01-06-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD