05-21-11 12:04 AM
39 12
tools
    Hey guys new to the crackberry site here, I am planning on buying a Telus 9550 Storm and unlocking it to rogers..i have asked a few people now and getting mixed responses Is it possible to unlock the telus storm 2 to rogers and have it running on EDGE(i know u cannot get 3g) and if so has anyone already unlocked a storm2 that they are using on rogers and can you please give some feedback thanks alot!
    12-14-09 07:47 PM
    Just need to load the proper service books and you will good to go. Let us know if you need it unlocked.
    12-14-09 08:48 PM
    Even if you get it unlocked, you will not have all the features functioning properly. I would wait until the issues have been resolved. I am still trying to decide if I should sell the Storm 2 that I received as well..
    12-14-09 10:02 PM
    Even if you get it unlocked, you will not have all the features functioning properly. I would wait until the issues have been resolved. I am still trying to decide if I should sell the Storm 2 that I received as well..
    I'm running an unlocked Verizon branded 9550 on Rogers and haven't run into any issues.

What features are you referring to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 10:11 PM
    I have an unlocked telus 9550 running on Rogers.
    Everything works fine.

12-14-09 10:15 PM
    Perhaps it is only the people trying to use them on the T-mobile and AT&T network. If it has been working fine for you Rogers customers, that's great news.
    12-14-09 10:22 PM
    hey mark thats music to my ears haha...where did you purchase yours from and where did you get yours unlocked? is there anything thats missing?
    12-15-09 12:39 AM
    Let us know if you need it unlocked

12-15-09 12:40 AM
    Just need to load the proper service books and you will good to go. Let us know if you need it unlocked.
    how much is it to get it unlocked in canadian dollars and iv heard that about the service books from others as well how do you load the proper ones? thanks for your help!
    12-15-09 12:41 AM
    Just visit our site by licking in my signature. The service books can be loaded by using desktop manager selecting backup and restore then choosing the servicebook file you want loaded.

12-15-09 12:43 AM
    Just visit our site by licking in my signature. The service books can be loaded by using desktop manager selecting backup and restore then choosing the servicebook file you want loaded.

Is there specific ones that need to be loaded in order for it to work properly on the rogers network. Sorry i dont know much about service books and unlocking
    12-15-09 12:55 AM
    Just the backup from a bb currently on rogers should be enough.

12-15-09 12:56 AM
    Just the backup from a bb currently on rogers should be enough.

oh okay...so if i backup my bold data and load it to the storm it would include the service books and such then right...also would my contacts on bbm and on the phone be transferable aswell....i tried this before with my old curve to my bold but it did not work properly
    12-15-09 01:11 AM
    oh okay...so if i backup my bold data and load it to the storm it would include the service books and such then right...also would my contacts on bbm and on the phone be transferable aswell....i tried this before with my old curve to my bold but it did not work properly
    I went from a Rogers Bold to an unlocked VZW 9550 without any issue. Used the DM device transfer to get all my info on the new phone and didn't have to do anything special for service books - just re-sent them from the BIS site.

I've been seeing the people on AT&T have to manually load them, but i've never run into that issue.

Good luck!
    12-15-09 10:25 AM
    I went from a Rogers Bold to an unlocked VZW 9550 without any issue. Used the DM device transfer to get all my info on the new phone and didn't have to do anything special for service books - just re-sent them from the BIS site.

I've been seeing the people on AT&T have to manually load them, but i've never run into that issue.

Good luck!
    who did you get yours unlocked by? and how much was the price roughly?
    12-15-09 01:46 PM
    I purchased mine directly from a Future Shop. Unlocked it via CellUnlock using the Crackberry discount code (search). Had my unlock code in mins.

Only issue I MUST warn you about is the activation required message that will show up. I had to call Telus tech support (I don't have a Telus phone line) and beg for the activation code (with Verizon its 000000, with Telus its specific to the device). The tech guy hesitated a bit, but gave me the code and I'm good.

Also an FYI the new OS leak .428 does not play nice with an unlocked 9550 on GSM. I had edge/EDGE issues and had to go back to .320
    12-15-09 04:48 PM
    I purchased mine directly from a Future Shop. Unlocked it via CellUnlock using the Crackberry discount code (search). Had my unlock code in mins.

Only issue I MUST warn you about is the activation required message that will show up. I had to call Telus tech support (I don't have a Telus phone line) and beg for the activation code (with Verizon its 000000, with Telus its specific to the device). The tech guy hesitated a bit, but gave me the code and I'm good.

Also an FYI the new OS leak .428 does not play nice with an unlocked 9550 on GSM. I had edge/EDGE issues and had to go back to .320
    Ya im not really concerned about the new os leaks as i dont really like trying them out until the release is official and on the blackberry or carrier websites. As for the unlock code though...I also talked to a representative at future shop and he told me that i could purchase an activation code for 10 bucks or something whereas if i was to activate it from telus it would be around 30 dollars for the activation fee...do you know anything about this. I dont really want to activate it from telus and pay another 30 dollars on top of everything else and im not sure if calling telus tech support will turn out the same results as yours did lol.
    12-15-09 09:07 PM
    Ya im not really concerned about the new os leaks as i dont really like trying them out until the release is official and on the blackberry or carrier websites. As for the unlock code though...I also talked to a representative at future shop and he told me that i could purchase an activation code for 10 bucks or something whereas if i was to activate it from telus it would be around 30 dollars for the activation fee...do you know anything about this. I dont really want to activate it from telus and pay another 30 dollars on top of everything else and im not sure if calling telus tech support will turn out the same results as yours did lol.
    The futureshop guy does not know what he is talking about. Buy the storm 2 as is (most likely full price) and have it unlocked by a third party and then go to rogers and ask them allow your phone to be hooked up to their network.
    12-15-09 09:17 PM
    The futureshop guy does not know what he is talking about. Buy the storm 2 as is (most likely full price) and have it unlocked by a third party and then go to rogers and ask them allow your phone to be hooked up to their network.
    so i wont have to pay an activation fee this way your saying?
    12-16-09 12:48 AM
    thx for all the information guys....i think i might make the purchase this weekend..hopefully you guys will be around when I get the phone im sure ill run into some problems and have plenty of questions....but hopefully not (knock on wood)
    12-17-09 01:14 PM
    I've purchased an unlock code by entering my IMEI and carrier (Telus) into a web page and paying via PayPal: the Storm2 is brand spanking new, I have not attempted to activate it on Telus as I am not going to use it on Telus.

Does the phone have to be "live" on a network before it can be unlocked?
    01-06-10 01:12 PM
    I've purchased an unlock code by entering my IMEI and carrier (Telus) into a web page and paying via PayPal: the Storm2 is brand spanking new, I have not attempted to activate it on Telus as I am not going to use it on Telus.

If I recall correctly, no.
    01-06-10 01:32 PM

No you can unlock it, even if the phone is not active or has never been activated.
    01-06-10 02:15 PM
    i am wondering the same thing... please let me know if you find out any useful information! thanks!
    03-08-10 10:08 AM
    i am wondering the same thing... please let me know if you find out any useful information! thanks!
    It can be unlocked.
    03-08-10 10:10 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD