For anyone getting the phone early via the phone calls to T-mobile's CSR's, Anyone had any problems unlocking the phone? I'm asking this because when i purchased the ATT 9000 at the pre-release party, the unlock code was not registered to the database so i had problems getting the unlock code, eventually selling that phone.

That question aside, i ordered my 8900 yesterday afternoon, paid for expedited shipping, and its on the delivery truck on its way to my house now! now that's great customer service.
    02-03-09 11:07 AM
    i got mine unlocked the day after i got it....called 611 and said i was going to chad in africa lol
    02-03-09 11:18 AM
    I have an unlocked 8900 from Rogers, no problems with it.
    02-03-09 11:19 AM
    then i should not have any problems unlocking it then, either via calling 611 or buying unlock codes from any source? This is for the T-mobile 8900 US release i must say.
    02-03-09 11:34 AM
    I recommend purchasing unlock codes from Horizon Wireless. I have used them in the past had they were great. You can even choose to get an unlock code within 3 hours if you like for a few extra dollars.
    02-03-09 11:37 AM
    I recommend purchasing unlock codes from Horizon Wireless. I have used them in the past had they were great. You can even choose to get an unlock code within 3 hours if you like for a few extra dollars.
    Hey Aristile,

Just curious why you would pay for the codes when you can get them from T-Mobile for free.
    02-03-09 12:54 PM
    Hey Aristile,

Just curious why you would pay for the codes when you can get them from T-Mobile for free.
    Well, I'm not with T-mobile. Actually I ordered my 8900 from SN Traders and it came unlocked already. In the past however I have purchased unlock codes from Horizon Wireless and they were great.
    02-03-09 01:30 PM
    If you're with T-Mobile, it's easy to get the subsidy (unlock) code as long as you bought the phone from them. If not, go with horizon wireless.
    02-03-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD