I have a BB 8320 on Tmobile's service, one of my friends gave it too me, however I use AT&T. I had a Go-Phone and last night broke it at a rave. So I woke up this morning gathering up whatever phones I had, and only one actually charges and seems to work. I can't use it on AT&Ts SIM. So I lookeed around, and did some research. I need to unlock this BB.

Okay, so I looked around, I know I need an unlock code, BUT I don't want to pay, paying will be a last resort at this point.

So I called T-mobile.

Here is what happened: Name (first and last); Phone Number; Then she asks how can I help you today? I asked for the subsidy unlock code. By the time I got to that part, the woman asked me is this a pay as you go phone, I said yes, so she transferred me.

Woman #2: Name, Number, and then I asked for the Subsidy unlock code, and she said, so basically you want to unlock your phone to be able to use any carrier for the phone? and I said, no Im just going out of the country and I need the code. and she said okay its not a problem, and then she tried to get my account information. I'm not a customer though. I just want the unlock code, so I didn't tell her im with AT&T, She asked for my SIM card number, and I gave it too her, and she said it was one character too many, so I gave up. Hung up.

My question is HOW do I get the Unlock code if I'm not a customer?? What do I say? And does it matter if I'm using a Go-Phone?

Thank you guys.
    02-01-10 01:57 PM
    Always need to be a active customer with the carrier you are trying to get a unlock code from. You can continue to get one, but if you have no luck many of us on here can get you one same day as payment.
    02-01-10 02:14 PM
    You can always enter the Unlock code contest Crackberry is running. Otherwise, hop on eBay or buy from someone here.
    02-01-10 03:08 PM
    Here is the link to the contest http://crackberry.com/contest-win-1-...our-blackberry

If you don't want to wait, you can also buy the code from any of us reliable unlockers here.
    02-01-10 07:19 PM
    Basically its going to come down to which unlocker you choose. We usually tell customers to check with the carrier and if they won't provide a code then we can help. You seem to have already done that so let us know if you need any help unlocking your phone
    02-01-10 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD