Just a few quick questions, not expecting anything major for answers.

Fiancee has a PalmPre on Sprint, full data, etc.., wanting to tranfer to Bold 9000, and then maybe to my Black 9800 Torch when I get a White 9800. Also going to modify them by flip flopping keyboards and battery covers. White w/black Accents, and Black w/white accents.

1. Unlocking:
    A. Possible?
    B. Can I find directions and a code here?
    C. Do I need to go to AT*T?

IIRC, its all IMEI based? The Bold 9000 IMEI is locked to the AT*T SIM Card. Unlocking the AT*T 9000's IMEI should alow it to register to any other service provider, regardless of the need of a SIM Card?

Thank you for your help, CruckBurrrrryy heads,
    -Witty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 01:02 AM
    Unfortunately the Bold 9000 is GSM/HSPA compatible which would not work on the Sprint network because they only use CDMA technology. Hope that helps.
    11-12-10 07:50 AM
    In short. It will not work.

Go get the 9650
    11-12-10 07:51 AM
    You can definitely unlock it and change the cover with ease. Not rocket science. Just be careful when taking apart the phone. Little plastic clips hold it together in some areas.
    11-12-10 07:51 AM
    Second part may require a youtube video. Yes it would work. Be careful though.
    11-12-10 07:53 AM
    I wasn't asking about the Torches. Thanks.

As far as the Bold, knowing it doesn't work was what I WAS, looking for. Thanks for those who answered accordingly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD