I am planning on getting a BlackBerry Storm to use on T-Mobile's EDGE network with the BIS Plan.

After doing what I need to do with service books, yaddya yaddya, what do I need to do to unlock the GPS to use it with something such as AmAze GPS?

Since I am going to be using it on T-Mobile, VZNavigator isn't an option at all, even if I were to pay for it!
    05-28-09 12:39 AM
    It's not locked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 12:50 AM
    I have GPS from bell and works so good so far
    05-28-09 12:59 AM
    Nothing. The GPS is already unlocked.
    05-28-09 07:20 AM
    Also, i haven't had to do the service book thing in a few upgrades. I think t-mo has the services books for it now.

Update to .148 and un-check apn settings enabled and you should be good to go.
    05-28-09 07:57 AM
    Yeah, as previously stated it shouldn't be locked. But make sure you go to options, advanced options, GPS, and then click location on. I believe the default for a new phone is E911 only. In that case the GPS will do no good, unless of course you dial 911 from your mobile device
    05-28-09 08:10 AM
    When you install a program like google maps, amaze gps, etc...make sure you set allow to all permissions. IF your location is on as storm-season mentioned, you shouldn't have any problems.
    05-28-09 09:48 AM