I used an unlock code that I purchased from globalunlockcodes.com to unlock my storm2. I entered MEPD and then MEP2. I then entered the code when prompted and it said code accepted. I have only entered the code once. Now when I type MEPD and MEP2 at the sim card screen under advanced options nothing happens. The sim card screen still looks the same as it did before I entered the code. This is not the same as in the videos where it shows there is a list of various things that shows up. When attempting to use a T-mobile sim card it is still showing the phone number that the phone was used on Verizon for, not the new T-mobile number. Any help is appreciated.
    03-22-11 09:33 PM
    As long as it says disabled beside network in the mepd menu then your device is unlocked.
    03-23-11 01:12 PM
    As long as it says disabled beside network in the mepd menu then your device is unlocked.
    The mped menu does not come up anymore. Not sure why because I only entered the code once so it's not permanantly locked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 01:46 PM
    i agree with FTB
    03-24-11 12:08 PM
    The mped menu does not come up anymore. Not sure why because I only entered the code once so it's not permanantly locked.

you are right.
    03-24-11 01:44 PM
    so if the phone is unlocked then the mepd menu will no longer show up? The videos I saw on youtube made it seem like it would come up and then next to network it will show inactive meaning unlocked.
    03-24-11 04:24 PM
    MEPD menu will always show. Nothing will show if you type mep2 now. Its unlocked now. As far as getting the number off, type ##000000 send and change it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    03-24-11 06:11 PM
    I figured out that with the updated OS you have to type MEPD in all caps in order for it to come up. It shows inactive showing the phone is unlocked. The person I was giving the phone to was having trouble getting his T-Mobile sim to work on the phone. Verizon technical support told him the newer blackberries will not work on T-Mobile even if they are unlocked. Any truth to this?
    03-24-11 06:38 PM
    Needs to be switched from cdma to 2g/3g under mobile networks

03-24-11 06:39 PM
    Ok thanks!
    03-24-11 09:08 PM
    I figured out that with the updated OS you have to type MEPD in all caps in order for it to come up. It shows inactive showing the phone is unlocked. The person I was giving the phone to was having trouble getting his T-Mobile sim to work on the phone. Verizon technical support told him the newer blackberries will not work on T-Mobile even if they are unlocked. Any truth to this?

absolutely not. Phone carriers will say what they can to get you to not unlock the phones. Depends who you talk to and what mood they are in, also I guess how long you been a customer. They just don't want you to unlock their phones for other us networks. Of course not all verizon blackberry's can be unlocked but as long as there's a sim card slot your good to go.
    04-03-11 02:49 PM
    The device will work on T-Mobile (2G only, not 3G). However, since T-Mobile does not sell the device, your friend will need to follow the instructions here to manually add the proper service books for T-Mobile.
    04-03-11 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD