08-07-11 11:17 AM
102 123 ...
tools
    so i see there are all these sites on the web now that unlock all phones not just storms with this " randon number generator" based on your imei and hex numbers for the phones? now my question is more for the storm but can probably relate to any blackberry.. Is there really a software that can generate a real unlock code or do they just have connections inside of the service carriers to get the unlock codes?? And if there is a software to get the actual codes working does anybody know how to obtain this software??
    12-09-08 01:17 PM
    If there was, it would of been released or on the web. Considering you have Verizon, there is no reason to have such a program. Just call Verizon and unlock it.
    12-09-08 01:20 PM
    well i have mine unlocked i was looking to get about 25-35 phones unlocked....but when i call to get more phones unlocked they give me stupid responses like you can't unlock a storm or you need to have a bill of sale for each phone at full retail value!! im like...hmm sorry i didnt know i needed to pay 550+ to use this over seas..i need a global support rep who can actually be helpful!!!
    12-09-08 01:24 PM
    call RIM..see if they can help

The unlock codes have to be part of the firmware...otherwise a simple software hack would unlock the phones...they might be able to send you another firmware
    12-09-08 02:55 PM
    I was told that I needed to change my plan and add International Dialing, and that the rep would have to transfer me and yada yada yada, crap I didn't want to hear.
    12-09-08 03:05 PM
    you weren't being serious about calling rim and asking them for phone unlocking service were you?
    12-09-08 07:36 PM
    ok so i had a friend of mine today call me and tell me somebody had unlocked his hone by plugging it into their computer and waiting about 1 min and a code popped up and he put it into his bb storm and it worked.. does anybody know if this is software or if he had a box and software, and if it is software where can i get it!!?!?!?!?!
    12-22-08 08:10 PM
    Here's the dialog I used to get my storm unlocked on the first try, the day I got it (at corporate discounted 2yr price of $199)

Me: Hi, I'm traveling to Europe in a few weeks and my work will be providing me with a SIM card to use while I am there and it is not a Vodaphone / Verizon SIM. Can you please walk me through the SIM unlock process?
    Global Support: I can give you the code, let me get someone from global tech support to help you enter the code.
    Me: thanks!

If your conversation with them doesn't go exactly that way, ask for a supervisor. There should be no BS about getting this done.
    12-22-08 08:25 PM
    Here's the dialog I used to get my storm unlocked on the first try, the day I got it (at corporate discounted 2yr price of $199)

Me: Hi, I'm traveling to Europe in a few weeks and my work will be providing me with a SIM card to use while I am there and it is not a Vodaphone / Verizon SIM. Can you please walk me through the SIM unlock process?
    Global Support: I can give you the code, let me get someone from global tech support to help you enter the code.
    Me: thanks!

If your conversation with them doesn't go exactly that way, ask for a supervisor. There should be no BS about getting this done.

He is right if you just act like your all business and lie out your *** it will work !!!!!!
    12-22-08 08:38 PM
    I can unlock the phones for you send me a PM.
    12-23-08 01:32 AM
    mygt1, could you please help me too unlock my strom? I can't send PM for I'm new to the forum, please PM me!
    03-23-09 02:04 PM
    03-25-09 11:46 AM
    I Can Unlock All Blackberry's For Just 10usd Email Me Or Add Me
    03-26-09 03:32 PM
    PLEASE HELP!!! i got my storm from re-seller in St. Maarten...please is there neother way to get mep code...i tried calling verizon (that's the network the phone is locked to)..but they said they can't (or won't) help b/c i didn't buy from them directly....can neone help???? i got the imei code..can neone HOOL ME UP ???!!!!!! please!!!!
    04-27-09 12:05 PM
    i can't PM i'm a newbie, can u help neways???
    04-27-09 12:06 PM
    He is right if you just act like your all business and lie out your *** it will work !!!!!!
    Why do you have to lie?
    I called global support and plainly said that I wanted my SIM unlocked. The rep was very helpful, he wanted to walk me through the steps to unlock the phone, but I didn't have a second line for him to call me at while he was walking me through.
    Told him I already knew what steps I had to take to enter the code so I'll just need the code from him.
    He gave me the code, said his little warning about using SIM card from other carriers, and he insisted that he at least give me a quick rundown of how to enter the code.

I'm not sure if I heard wrong, or if he misspoke, but while he was reviewing my account, he said that he would be able to give me my code because I have been a VZW customer for at least 60months... 5years? That seems kind of harsh.
    04-27-09 12:30 PM
    ^ I think he said "60 days"...
    04-27-09 01:46 PM
    so i see there are all these sites on the web now that unlock all phones not just storms with this " randon number generator" based on your imei and hex numbers for the phones? now my question is more for the storm but can probably relate to any blackberry.. Is there really a software that can generate a real unlock code or do they just have connections inside of the service carriers to get the unlock codes?? And if there is a software to get the actual codes working does anybody know how to obtain this software??
    Unlocking Blackberry Storm 9530 - The Legal Way! | KNGUYENTU

It worked fine, I did it over the weekend.
    04-27-09 04:03 PM
    ^^^ that does not apply to bell
    Anyone have any tips for bell or telus users?
    04-27-09 04:38 PM
    I just called Verizon, told them I was going to go out of the country on a business trip, and wanted my storm unlocked, 5 minutes later, I had an unlocked storm running on t-mobile.
    04-27-09 05:17 PM
    I have an old storm that isnt being used anymore becuse i recieved a warrenty replacement for it. It is not activated, does anyone know of any way to get the unlock code for it since it most likely cannot be activated again on verizon's network because it was replaced due to a warrenty.
    thanks.
    04-27-09 05:19 PM
    I have an old storm that isnt being used anymore becuse i recieved a warrenty replacement for it. It is not activated, does anyone know of any way to get the unlock code for it since it most likely cannot be activated again on verizon's network because it was replaced due to a warrenty.
    thanks.
    If it was replaced via warranty then you should return it. When Verizon fru's out phones they require that you send the old one back to them or if you get it done in a store then they take it. If you dont you are billed for the full retail price of the phone. I wouldnt use that line on a care rep or any store rep.

If you got it from ins. then they provide you with an envelope to ship the broken back to them and if you say you lost it then the esn goes on the lost-stolen list and can not be activated, mostly. I would use that one either if I were you.

Cant be Verizon again but you're either paying full price for it or you'll never get the code from Verizon because the of the esn history.
    04-27-09 08:00 PM
    If you got it from ins. then they provide you with an envelope to ship the broken back to them and if you say you lost it then the esn goes on the lost-stolen list and can not be activated, mostly. I would use that one either if I were you.
    Not true, I had no problems doing an ESN change with a phone that was reported lost.
    buddy of mine used to work at a VZW retailer. Him and his coworker never had a problem setting up phones that had been reported lost.
    04-27-09 10:01 PM
    This is where I got mine... It only took 10 minutes from payment to running a Tmobile sim... $9

04-28-09 02:07 AM
    Hey, could I get the code? Better yet, do you have the tool?
    05-03-09 10:36 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD