about to buy a storm, are they easy to unlock? Im on rogers, and the guy im buying it from was on verizon and is now on at&t, but not with the storm. Would also like to hear anything you guys have to say about the storm/other blackberrys, seeing as this is my first

thanks alot
    10-14-09 12:49 AM
    Lol, just get someone to unlock it for you, call Rogers and tell them to send you the service books...easy task lol
    10-14-09 06:43 AM
    Yeah well the guys getting it unlocked before he sends it here
    10-14-09 06:44 AM
    I was just reading, and apparently it isnt wifi compatible? That's pretty useless, seeing as now I wont be able to use email/browser/download apps?

is this true?
    10-14-09 06:52 AM
    It doesn't have WiFi, but you can browse, Email, and download apps when you get the blackberry data plan (it is required by most carriers when using a blackberry)

Wifi is just for faster download/browsing speeds and free internet access lol
    10-14-09 06:57 AM
    i dont have/dont want to pay for a data plan.. ****. so theres no way to email/browse/download apps if i dont have a data plan?
    10-14-09 10:05 AM
    i dont have/dont want to pay for a data plan.. ****. so theres no way to email/browse/download apps if i dont have a data plan?
    Unlock it then sell it or trade it for another phone.
    10-14-09 02:02 PM
    about to buy a storm, are they easy to unlock? Im on rogers, and the guy im buying it from was on verizon and is now on at&t, but not with the storm. Would also like to hear anything you guys have to say about the storm/other blackberrys, seeing as this is my first

thanks alot
    It's very easy to unlock and you will be able to use all features on Rogers as well. You will need to have a "Blackberry Data Plan" with Rogers though.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 10-15-09 at 04:45 PM.
    10-14-09 11:10 PM
    Yup BlackBerry Plan will be required. Almost pointless to have a Berry and not have a Data plan for it.
    10-15-09 04:22 PM
    Unlock it then sell it or trade it for another phone.
    Why would he do that? He's buying it from a guy to use it ofcourse. Why buy it, unlock it, then sell it? To make a profit on the fact that its unlocked? I highly doubt he would even make enough money to pay for the gas needed to go buy it, then go meet someone to sell it again

If you don't want a data plan, go with some of the other BB's with wifi...there are quite a few good ones to choose from (as I gaze at my Bold from across the room...starry eyed)
    10-16-09 01:24 PM
    Are you serious? Honestly, it was your mistake. You should've researched the phone first off, and second, as people have already stated, why get a BlackBerry without a data plan? It's pointless.

Next time I'd advise going to The BlackBerry Website and doing research on the BB you want before you purchase it.
    10-16-09 02:58 PM
    alright so he didnt end up unlocking it, and when he called to get the unlock code, verizon said they didnt know what he was talking about, and now when I tried to call, they also said they didnt have a code to give out.
    10-19-09 11:55 AM
    See we can unlock it here for you.
    10-19-09 11:56 AM
    alright so he didnt end up unlocking it, and when he called to get the unlock code, verizon said they didnt know what he was talking about, and now when I tried to call, they also said they didnt have a code to give out.
    In that case you will need to buy an unlock code from us or any reliable unlocker here on the forums.
    10-19-09 01:21 PM
    All in all, the storm is a great phone. Get her unlocked and you're just about good to go! Let either one of us know if you need any help unlocking it
    10-20-09 04:35 PM
    Sorry guys - I might be totally out to lunch, but isn't Verizon CDMA? If the Storm you're looking to buy isn't GSM, it won't work on Rogers whether you've unlocked it or not. I might be wrong, but thought I'd throw this out there in case it's been missed....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 05:52 PM
    The Storm is a CDMA and a GSM phone! Once unlocked it will work on any GSM carrier including Rogers.
    10-20-09 05:55 PM
    The Storm is a CDMA and a GSM phone! Once unlocked it will work on any GSM carrier including Rogers.
    Good to know. Not the case on the Canadian releases of this phone. Came with SIM card slots, but are not able to be activated on a GSM carrier whether they are unlocked or not.

10-20-09 06:09 PM
    Good to know. Not the case on the Canadian releases of this phone. Came with SIM card slots, but are not able to be activated on a GSM carrier whether they are unlocked or not.

Never had issues unlocking Canadian Storms. LOL
    10-20-09 06:35 PM
    You are wrong, the Bell and Telus Storms are the same as Verizon and can be unlocked to be used on any GSM carrier.
    10-20-09 07:16 PM
    You are wrong, the Bell and Telus Storms are the same as Verizon and can be unlocked to be used on any GSM carrier.
    It's already been stated that you can.
    10-20-09 07:19 PM
    They absolutely can be unlocked.
    10-21-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD