i have a question: i don't know if it was answered, but i would just like a straight forward answer....

if i were to buy a verizon BB storm (just the phone) and get it unlocked via verizon (to work with my rogers simcard)...would that work? do i need to have a verizon contract?
    01-16-09 10:13 PM
    VZW will only unlock it for you if you have a VZW contract. Your only option is horizonwirelessonline.com. But yes it will work, you just won't get 3G coverage with GSM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 10:16 PM
    any way of getting it unlocked for free?
    01-16-09 10:25 PM
    The proper way to do this transaction will be to pay full retail for the 9530 which is $499.99 + tax. Then you can pay even more money for some 3rd party company to unlock it for you.

Why all this unlocking to use on another company's service...I have no idea. While it's quite obvious that you lose some of the benefits of the device by doing this. Losing 3G speeds and all...and the $$$$ you shell out up front..what a waste!
    01-16-09 10:38 PM
    i have a question: i don't know if it was answered, but i would just like a straight forward answer....

if i were to buy a verizon BB storm (just the phone) and get it unlocked via verizon (to work with my rogers simcard)...would that work? do i need to have a verizon contract?
    Why don't you just wait until Rogers launches their version of the Storm?? It's the 9520 and will be out relatively soon.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/gsm...9520-a-122406/
    01-16-09 10:51 PM
    The proper way to do this transaction will be to pay full retail for the 9530 which is $499.99 + tax. Then you can pay even more money for some 3rd party company to unlock it for you.

Why all this unlocking to use on another company's service...I have no idea. While it's quite obvious that you lose some of the benefits of the device by doing this. Losing 3G speeds and all...and the $$$$ you shell out up front..what a waste!
    In this case because he's in Canada, no Verizon genius. Others do it because they recoup the upfront cost pretty quickly not paying Verizon plan prices.
    01-16-09 10:52 PM
    Yeah I would wait it just doesn't seem worth it when Rogers is gonna be dropping the 9520.
    01-16-09 10:53 PM
    thx to everyone who replyed....i think i might wait...when will it show up...(h1 2009 im guessing its the first 3 months of 2009?)
    01-16-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD