They advised me it was "hacking" the phone to "unlock" it. They said I could activate the SIM card for global travel. Does this sound right? I'm confused...
    Thanks for any advice.
    Jeff
    03-10-09 01:27 PM
    yes and no. you can activate your sim card to travel but unlocking your phone is different as well and no its not hacking its built into the phone. you just need the unlock code.

VZW will give it to you they just wont offer you support when your using a non VZW sim card but if you were using one like that you wouldnt want their support anyway lol just call back till you get another person you will get a code.
    03-10-09 01:33 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...k-code-101858/

Hope this helps. FYI - I've unlocked 2 BB Storms with no issues using this method.
    03-10-09 01:39 PM
    Did it yesterday
    Called and told them that I am going on trip to italy and going to use other sim card.
    Couple minutes later phone was unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 01:59 PM
    They advised me it was "hacking" the phone to "unlock" it. They said I could activate the SIM card for global travel. Does this sound right? I'm confused...
    Thanks for any advice.
    Jeff
    The solution with verizon is always to just hang up and call right back. If the first person won't help, hang up and try again. Eventually you'll get someone who will help. Works 90% of the time.
    03-10-09 03:12 PM
    how do i unlock it? like what menu and etc..... i have never unlocked a phone.....tia
    03-11-09 07:09 PM
    Thanks for any advice.
    Jeff
    Call verizon global support not blackberry support.
    03-11-09 07:39 PM
    how do i unlock it? like what menu and etc..... i have never unlocked a phone.....tia
    read http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...k-code-101858/
    03-11-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD