Hello folks, lastweek I found a Verizon'd Storm. After buying a charger, I decided to unlock it to use with my tmobile. I got the code and it "accepted it".. when I restarted with sim I got a signal, yet when i call it saids like "this Verizon number is not active etc etc"

What am I doing wrong?
    03-31-09 08:05 PM
    Here is a step by step...

1. Find a Verizon store.
    2. Bring Storm there.
    3. Tell customer service rep you found it and you would like it returned to the person who actually PAID for it.
    4. Go home and go to bed knowing that YOU DID THE RIGHT THING and not the DIRTBAG thing by keeping it.

Any questions? I'm fairly certain that anybody on this or any other forum who could help you, won't, since they don't want to also be considered a thief along with you.
    03-31-09 08:28 PM
    hope the owner doesnt have SMRT Guard...or similar app. U'll be getting a midnight knock at the door. lol.
    03-31-09 08:30 PM
    Here is a step by step...

1. Find a Verizon store.
    2. Bring Storm there.
    3. Tell customer service rep you found it and you would like it returned to the person who actually PAID for it.
    4. Go home and go to bed knowing that YOU DID THE RIGHT THING and not the DIRTBAG thing by keeping it.

Any questions? I'm fairly certain that anybody on this or any other forum who could help you, won't, since they don't want to also be considered a thief along with you.
    It was in a Limo I rode on Saturday, and the Storm was not there before hand(it had dropped us off earlier) and when we got back in I found it. It was nobody's In the Limo's. The phone has no pics, contacts nothing.
    03-31-09 08:32 PM
    It was in a Limo I rode on Saturday, and the Storm was not there before hand(it had dropped us off earlier) and when we got back in I found it. It was nobody's In the Limo's. The phone has no pics, contacts nothing.
    And this is your justification for keeping it? Are you 12 and was this a junior high prom?

Ahhhhh, the "Finders keepers, losers weepers" defense. That only works when you are 4 years old, but then again a 4 year old should have a brain considerably smaller than an adult. Obviously not the case here.
    03-31-09 08:40 PM

Uh... That still doesn't change the fact that it's not your phone and in no way justifies you keeping something that doesn't belong to you. Go to a Verizon store and drop it off with the rep no questions asked so they can give it back to the person who paid for it... you know... the OWNER of the phone. Anyways, once the real owner reports it stolen to Verizon that esn is blacklisted and you won't be able to use it on any network. Congratulations on your new $500 brick.

Don't be a ****, turn the phone in.
    03-31-09 08:44 PM
    Turn ot in bud. There is no reason to keep something that does not belong to you, especially something expensive that the owner is probably looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 08:49 PM
    And this is your justification for keeping it? Are you 12 and was this a junior high prom?

Ahhhhh, the "Finders keepers, losers weepers" defense. That only works when you are 4 years old, but then again a 4 year old should have a brain considerably smaller than an adult. Obviously not the case here.
    I already have a Iphone I don't care much for upgrading to a new phone.
    What are the chances Verizon will actually turn it in? I don't mind turning it in, as I tried to return to user @ limo. I rather hand it myself.
    03-31-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD