I was looking at buying a Storm and unlocking it for use on AT&T. I was looking on ebay and the Storms with bad ESN's are selling for a lot less then Unlocked Storms. I was wondering if I could buy a Storm with a bad ESN and unlock it and use it on AT&T.
    01-18-09 09:57 PM
    Nope. If the ESN is bad it's because it's been reported lost stolen or the previous owner didn't pay their bill. It's basically parts.
    01-18-09 10:01 PM
    that is not true. ESN's are only a cdma thing, thus you should be able to unlock it and use it on a GSM services, especially because there is no blacklist sharing let alone any black lists at all on GSM carriers
    01-19-09 12:23 AM
    Please correct me if i am mistaken.... I have read a few other places cant RIM block the PIN that the phone is assigned and also I heard something about the IMEI being blocked so you cant use the phone at all!?
    I have my storm unlocked and i researched it in case it was ever stolen...

I know i can block it on verizon wireless but since it is unlocked whats to stop someone from popping a sim inside of it and using tips found here to amke everything work on t-mobile
    01-19-09 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD