A friend recently bought a Blackberry Storm. She doesn't like it. It is through Verizon and I am with Cincinnati Bell. Can the phone be switched over?
    08-04-09 09:26 AM
    yes,it can,call verizon and be nice and ask for the unlock code,it may take more than one call to get it.
    08-04-09 10:07 AM
    Unlocking a Storm is a fairly simple process. Firstly, Verizon will do this for you if you have an account with them in good standing (At least 60 days in the clear).

If that doesn't work, you can try to call them up and say something along the lines of you're traveling overseas and you need the unlock code, but again I think they will consider your account status (Whether its negative or positive).

Lastly, you can try a Cell phone unlocking service, I recommend uniquephones ONLY because I used them to unlock mine and the process was fairly simple, had it working on another carrier within an hour. Anyway, yeah hope that helps.
    08-04-09 10:10 AM
    Wow, why can't anyone get their own tools and do the unlocking? Why do we have to end up paying anything over $10 to get it unlocked?
    08-04-09 08:30 PM
    Wow, why can't anyone get their own tools and do the unlocking? Why do we have to end up paying anything over $10 to get it unlocked?
    Why don't you look into that and get back to us? Unlocking services/companies exist for a reason.
    08-04-09 10:46 PM
    I unlocked my storm yesterday. I just called verizon and told them I would be traveling to Europe in a few weeks and needed to unlock my sim card for use with other networks due to the fact that work would be providing me with a sim card. Of course none of that was true but it worked like a charm. Now I can use it on at&t, t-mobile or whatever. If I ever chose to do so that is. Good luck to you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 02:55 AM
    Why don't you look into that and get back to us? Unlocking services/companies exist for a reason.
    Whoa, easy there Cap'n Stabbin'.
    It's just that I come from a WinMo background where there's a tool/software for most things which are available freely and yet there's "companies" out there that charge to simply use that software and unlock the device.

A little unfair, IMHO.
    08-05-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD