Hey everyone i wanted to know what is the purpose of unlocking the storm

If you can answer please do. I wanted to know before i unlock mine to see what the benefit is i here everybody talking about it. So i wanna know what the fuse is about.

07-19-09 12:53 PM
    Answer these questions:

1.) Are you going to use your Storm on another network other than Verizon?

2.) Are you going to try to sell your Storm?

3.) Are you traveling out of the country and want to use a different service provider while there?

If you answered all of the questions "No" then there is absolutely no reason to get your phone unlocked.

Unlocking your phone allows you to use the phone on any other GSM service provider through a SIM card from that company. If you don't unlock it, the phone will only work on the Verizon network in the US and on various other networks in other countries using the Vodophone SIM card in the phone. All charges incurred will be through Verizon.

So, as I said above, unless you plan on doing one of those three things, it's pointless to unlock your phone. Also, however minimal the chance, you release Verizon from having any responsibilities if you phone is damaged in any way from unlocking it. Even if you call Verizon to get the unlock code for free, you have to agree that you won't hold them liable for anything that may go wrong while unlocking before they'll give you the code.

Hope that clears everything up for you.
    07-19-09 01:00 PM
    Thanks alot that solves alot for me
    07-19-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD