I called vzw about me going to europ for a couple weeks and 2 c what I need 2 do 2 make my storm work over there they told me they could unlock the sim card.
    But it would change it to a global network and not wifi and would cost me about 60 extra dollars
    As long as the sim card was unlocked is that the only way to unlock the storm been a loyal vzw custumber
    For years its not like I want it unlock to go someplace else. And don't want to pay that extra money
    Just so I can go overseas that's the whole point I went with the storm it was a global phone or is there
    To unlock the storm and not the sim card. And get a sim card for a local phone co overseas any advise would
    Be helpful thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 06:55 AM
    You can get unlock codes from various places on the internet.

check out this site.

HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center
    05-21-09 07:10 AM
    Actually as a verizon customer, as long as you've been with them for at least three months, they should give you the unlock code for free.

Just call them, tell them you are travelling to europe and need the MEP2 code for your storm to use a local sim over there temporarily. The MEP2 code is the code to unlock the phone itself, you then choose your carrier and plan, pre or post paid in europe.

One thing I haven't yet figured out though is whether you can get data and email service on another carrier without vzw releasing your PIN. Perhaps someone else can comment.
    05-21-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD