i have a storm 2 locked to telus, but no telus sim card. i attempted to unlock the phone using a fido sim card and got through the first code using mepd but mep2 or mepp2 do not work to get to the mep prompt to enter the code, is there any way i can unlock the phone or do you need to use a telus sim card to unlock it?
    12-13-10 12:24 AM
    when i unlocked my previous blackberrys, i didnt need to even use another SIM card. i think you can get to the unlocking menu without it.

however, being a CDMA phone, maybe you need a SIM to be inserted. you should be able to use any SIM card to unlock. where did you get the unlocking codes from? maybe you got bad codes or instructions.
    12-13-10 12:50 AM
    @halfandhalf

There are known problems with unlocking Canadian-based BlackBerry Storms 1 or 2. There are services that can do it on-line (read carefully before your purchase the service).

Secondly, as a ceveat, when using Storm 1 or 2 on GSM, you will only be capable of EDGE, not 3G.
    12-13-10 01:37 AM
    Any active or inactive sim card will do the trick. You will need to purchase a code and follow the instructions for unlocking.
    12-13-10 10:13 AM
    Moving thread to the Unlocking Forum
    12-13-10 10:38 AM
    i have a storm 2 locked to telus, but no telus sim card. i attempted to unlock the phone using a fido sim card and got through the first code using mepd but mep2 or mepp2 do not work to get to the mep prompt to enter the code, is there any way i can unlock the phone or do you need to use a telus sim card to unlock it?
    when you type in mepd what does it say across from network? if it says disabled than it's already unlocked. all you need to do is go to options, mobile network, than click on bottom box and change it from global to gsm/umts

if it says active, than it's still locked. than once you type in mepd, turn the phone on it's side. and type in mepalt2 sometimes the box doesn't pop up unless it's on it's side. weird i know

but you more than likely need a sim card in it. try those things see if it works
    12-13-10 12:43 PM
    I have purchased unlock codes online, but ill try to turn it sideways and enter the mep2 on the side

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 01:31 PM
    I have purchased unlock codes online, but ill try to turn it sideways and enter the mep2 on the side

PM me we can help

Last edited by BBStormOS6; 12-23-10 at 11:42 AM.
    12-13-10 11:15 PM
    Make sure you have the full qwerty keyboard i find that to be easier to unlock on storm
    12-13-10 11:35 PM

any luck turning it on it's side?
    12-14-10 10:38 AM
    After you type in mepd, what does it say on the screen next to the word 'Network'?
    12-14-10 08:48 PM
    i asked that already no response. now i am curious to see if it worked!
    12-15-10 04:59 PM
    Same Here..
    12-15-10 10:55 PM
    we can unlock telus no problem and virgin kodoo bb....
    12-18-10 05:36 PM

Make sure you click Menu/Show Keyboard.
    12-19-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD