Hi,
    I keep reading about unlocking the storm, will there be any immediate advantage to unlocking it if you are not switching carriers? Are there any drawback to unlocking it just for the h*ll of it? If I were to call Verizon and tell them I am going to Europe they will give me the unlock code correct? Will this affect service or performance adversely? Once it is unlocked it will stay unlocked forever - correct?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    02-22-09 07:06 AM
    If you are staying with Verizon, and not wanting to use a Pre-paid sim to keep costs down when traveling outside the USA... there is NO REASON to unlock your Verizon Storm.

Unlocking, in this case SIM unlocking, would allow you to replace the Verizon/Vodaphone SIM included with your Storm, with that of another wireless carrier, Like T-Mobile, Orange, Rogers, TIM, etc... force the storm to GSM, and use it on their network... thus not needing Verizon service, or not paying VZW's high roaming rates when you travel over seas.

Being unlocked, you'll notice no difference in performance when using your Storm with VZW's service.

Once unlocked, your storm will stay unlocked...
    02-22-09 07:57 AM
    Hello,

If the phone is unlock, and I put another carriers' sim, how will that affect my current BIS plan?

I'll be travelling overseas in a month and would like to still be able to receive my emails and surf the web. Will this be free or do I have to get a data plan from the country I'm visiting?
    02-22-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD