my friend was going to send me the storm because he got another phone if i unlock it which i do not know how what do i have to do? i am with alltel! thanks
    02-18-09 05:08 PM
    you need to either have your friend who im assuming is with Verizon call them and ask them to give him the unlock code......or you will have to use a third party service and pay to get the unlock code.
    02-18-09 05:47 PM
    Wasn't the merger made official on the 15th of this month? Verizon rep told me that as of the 15th, Verizon to Alltel users would be "in calling" and not count against your minutes, etc.

I'm wondering if Weezy (or any Alltel subscriber) will have to unlock now or sometime in the future.
    02-18-09 05:51 PM
    im not for sure "theKC" im a rep but they havent told us anything. i just am wondering how unlocking works just some questions
    02-18-09 05:56 PM
    As of right now, you can't use Verizon phones with Alltel plans and vice versa. They are considered part of the network now and can call one another but that's as far as that goes. Alltel is still being sold as their own "company" per se. Different plans and devices.
    02-18-09 06:32 PM
    Check the storm how to section to get your storm to work on alltel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 06:53 PM
    As of right now, you can't use Verizon phones with Alltel plans and vice versa. They are considered part of the network now and can call one another but that's as far as that goes. Alltel is still being sold as their own "company" per se. Different plans and devices.
    Ah, great, thanks. That's about what I figured, but wasn't 100% sure.

I didn't mean to hijack Weezy's thread, but didn't wanna start another topic just for this.

Edit: Meh, link isn't copying correctly. Search "strom working on alltel" in the How To forum
    Last edited by thekC; 02-18-09 at 07:09 PM.
    02-18-09 07:03 PM
    Wait until they (Alltel) offers it. You don't have to unlock it to work on Alltel. i've had mine on Alltel for about 3 weeks now. The problem that all Storm users on Alltel have is losing data when the phone switches to 1XEV mode. The phone ONLY works at 1X on Alltel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD