02-28-10 03:58 PM
303 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    You need a Blackberry Plan from Telenor otherwise you wont get it to work.

I have a Plan from Telenor and when I did the host / routing I got the settings sent to my phone automatically.

3 (tre) also has blackberry plans.
    Last edited by svenbennyz; 01-29-09 at 09:41 AM.
    01-29-09 09:37 AM
    Has anyone on Telus or Bell been successfull if so what are the steps to get the unlock code?
    thanks
    01-29-09 10:52 AM
    Oh yah I love me some unlocked Storm on AT&T! Does anyone know how to get rid of the "Activation Required" that's written at the top of the screen? I bought the phone with out a verizon contract.
    01-29-09 03:47 PM
    Can someone help me? My code was successfully entered, I am set to GSM networks. Verizon number still shows up on call dialog. Number from sim card shows up in options. Can send/receive texts. Can see calls being sent/received but cannot hear/talk. Any ideas? Will notify it is using t-mobile sometimes, but for the most part I get a constant UMA or SOS
    01-29-09 03:57 PM
    Ok so i have an unlocked storm running on AT&T everything works fine got all my service books loaded and the whole process was done without breaking a sweat.

My question is, when Verizon officially releases the next OS update (March 31st?), what will i have to do first? The steps on this sticky or download and install the OS to my PC first?

Thanks in advance

~M
    02-05-09 11:15 PM
    hey iv called bell a few times they keep saying no what can i do? id there any sites i can pay to have it given or any tips any one can give me?
    02-11-09 09:03 PM
    Severnb:

Contact ngreen on this forum. Tell him I sent ya to get unlocking code. If ya need anything else.. my PIN is in my Profile.

Glad to help m8.
    02-11-09 09:21 PM
    same thing here. i am with telus. i was assuming that storm sim part would be unlocked same as 8830 did. but i guess that's not the case. any luck with telus unlock code?
    02-11-09 09:32 PM
    hey iv called bell a few times they keep saying no what can i do? id there any sites i can pay to have it given or any tips any one can give me?
    The Telus and Bell codes are not found yet. Send me email and I will add you to data base
    We are getting close
    02-11-09 09:46 PM
    I just got mine unlocked today. It was my first try and they even walked me through it over the phone. NIIIIIIIIICE!
    02-13-09 09:49 AM
    awesome. i just did it and had no problems. the rep gave me the number on the first try. about to go and put a vodafone sim card in it right now. thanks for the help man!
    02-18-09 11:19 AM
    Will the Unlocked Storm will turn to its Locked if I Wipes Handheld?
    02-18-09 11:27 AM
    i've tried calling verizon but all the say is that i must be 60 days with them in order to get my code i've lost count of how many times i've called and thats all the answer i get
    02-18-09 12:39 PM
    hey guys and gals , any chance someone could help me out with getting a uk vodafone storm unlocked,
    any help is appreciated
    thanks
    02-18-09 03:12 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Hi guys,
    I don't live in the US, but I bought 2 blackberry storms for myself and my wife and had it shipped to me. I am trying to unlock the GSM part or the phones.. Can anybody help me by telling me the best approach I can take into unlocking them? I've read several ways, but they don't seem to apply to me. Would global support be the best option?
    Thanks for any help offered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 06:57 PM
    Bwahahahaaa.... Unlocked it on my first try.

Called CS and tried with the normal rep, then she said she'll transfer me to tech support because they would be able to unlock... So at this point I was like 'ah what the ****, I'm just along for the ride until I have to start actually giving direction...'

Well tech support says it's not possible to use another companies SIM card in my phone, I have to use Vodafone... lol I told her that's not true and that my buddy has a storm on verizon and had it done, and she said, that's not possible... I said it's true. Then she insisted he didn't have Verizon then. So I asked her, is the Storm proprietary to Verizon in the Us, she said yes... I said, okay so then how does he not have Verizon then, how can you sit there and tell me that. She was silent lol... I said please transfer me to Global Support or whatever the **** it's called, and she said well can I help you first and I said no please just transfer me..... and she was like well can I ask you a question first and I'm like nope, just transfer me lol.... So then I got through and the lady walked me through the unlock sequence and and I entered the code and BAM! Reboot itself and voila.

Quite fun, and a piece of cake. COOL.
    03-27-09 07:31 PM
    I don't have a SIM card from another carrier, and I unlocked my Storm for no other reason than to unlock it. How do I know that it's officially unlocked? I entered in the 16 digit number VZW game me and it said code accepted and that was it.
    03-28-09 05:20 PM
    I don't have a SIM card from another carrier, and I unlocked my Storm for no other reason than to unlock it. How do I know that it's officially unlocked? I entered in the 16 digit number VZW game me and it said code accepted and that was it.
    That's what I did... And if it says code accepted, it works. My sister has ATT and I stuck the SIM in my phone and voila, registered with ATT and had all her numbers in it lol... kinda cool
    03-29-09 01:37 AM
    That's what I did... And if it says code accepted, it works. My sister has ATT and I stuck the SIM in my phone and voila, registered with ATT and had all her numbers in it lol... kinda cool
    OK, great! I really just wanted to make sure I did it right. I'm now going to seek out my friends that aren't on Verizon and try one of their SIM cards. The problem is, most everyone I know is already on Verizon.
    03-29-09 05:03 PM
    This may be a silly question but if you have Verizon and you unlock it then you put in an AT&T SIM card and have the network type set to auto would it work on both Verizon and AT&T's network or would you be forced to choose which you wanted to use.
    03-29-09 05:24 PM
    This may be a silly question but if you have Verizon and you unlock it then you put in an AT&T SIM card and have the network type set to auto would it work on both Verizon and AT&T's network or would you be forced to choose which you wanted to use.
    Well, you do have to select which network you would like the phone to operate off of, 1XEV, GSM, or UTMS.
    03-29-09 05:59 PM
    I called VZW and told them I needed the unlock code and the 1st rep gave me the runaround, they will try that, but dont take NO for answer. She transferred me to a rep with global support and that person didnt argue with me at all and was more than glad to cough up the code. I think it matters about how long you have been a customer. I have been with Verizon for 5 yrs without interruption.
    03-29-09 08:05 PM
    Hey crackersberry how did you install .114 hybrid after unlocking your storm?
    03-29-09 08:18 PM
    Hello,
    I just recently got a BlackBerry 8830 from a friend. He was with Sprint in America, and now I'm in Canada. I got the MSL code and the ESN number but don't know where to go from here. Any help is appreciated, or even if you could suggest a direction for me, that would be great.
    04-14-09 07:51 PM
    I have read a lot on this forum and simply just can't spend more than 15-20 minutes a day searching for an answer. I am sure it has been beaten to death but here I go..Why unlock the Storm? If you never plan on traveling outside the USA, and that seems to be what people are saying to get an unlock code, then what advantages are there to unlocking the Storm. What does unlocking it do anyway? I went to Mexico this Jan. and my phone worked fine, was expensive as heck but it worked very well.
    04-16-09 02:58 PM
303 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD